New Jersey Babies
Options

Is your toddler enrolled in any "classes"?

I've been looking for something to do with DD on Saturday mornings. She's very active, and I feel like she gets bored at home. I've been looking into toddler classes at different places, like the Little Gym, a toddler soccer class offered in town, and kid-friendly classes offered at some "adult" gyms like NYSC.

I thought about swim classes, but I'd rather not have to get myself into a bathing suit every week.

Any suggestions or reviews of any places you've tried?

Re: Is your toddler enrolled in any "classes"?

• Options
    My son tried the trail classes in Gymboree and Little Gym, we ended up sign him into Gymboree, since they offered unlimited class in the summer and free registration.  But I will switch him into MyGym since I want him to try something different and other mom recommended to me.  They all offer free class, try it and see which one is good for your DD.  Also some township offer the class to the toddler as well and it is cheaper.
  • Options

We did classes at The Little Gym in Roxbury and really liked it.  Due to finances, we are not continuing. But my son (just 2) really enjoyed it.  I wish I could continue with it.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried little gym and gymboree when she was 6 months.  At the time I thought Gymboree was better for her age so we did until she was about 14 months, then the weather was nice so I didn't want to spend money when we could just go to the park.  This September I found a mommy and me dance for 18 months so we'll do that.  She may also like Little Gym now, but I just can't deal with spending $90/month (that's the pay for the year upfront discount).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Options

I signed my son up for MyGym when he was almost a year old, and he loves it (he just turned 2 this past weekend).  We tried gymboree and it just wasn't for us. I don't know where you live, but our MyGym (South Brunswick) has great, energetic teachers and the gym changes every week (they move around the equipment and change up how things are used) so my son has something new to explore each week.  I would think most of them are the same.  They do offer free trial classes and there is usually some deal going on (no registration fee, one month free, etc.)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"