Single Parents

Any shift workers?

Anyone else here a 3-4 day a week shift worker? I will be going back to work in a little less that two weeks and I work 7a-7:30p and have no clue how I am going to survive the day without passing out. DD goes down around 6:30-7p until 12:00a-1a wakes up for a feeding then back down 30-45 min later. Up for the day currently between 5-6a. I will be getting ready/leaving at this time so Grandma (who is watching her) will take over at this time.

I don't think I can talk myself into going to bed at 7 or even 8 and am already so sleep deprived from the past 6 weeks as well. Any tips on how to survive that long of a day on interrupted sleep?

Re: Any shift workers?

• XH works shift - he alternates four weeks working 7a-7p and four weeks 7p-7a.  Honestly, he can't do it and be a dad, and besides the cheating it's a big part of why we're divorced.  Today I had to leave the kids with him because other childcare arrangements didn't work out - he left YDD in her room for four hours because he couldn't move his azz off the couch.  Hmm 

Unfortunately, he can't find a job with better hours that pays a comparable wage...  and he can't get a job that pays less because of his child support obligation.  It is what it is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I work 4  12hour shifts and then off for four days.  I haven't figured out what I will be doing with my lo yet.  Any suggestions would be appreciated
  • Loading the player...
  • I am actually switching to night shift 7p-0730 for that reason and then working every other night...it sucks but at least you will get some sleep and that is how all of my girlfriends who are nurses and single moms did it...then they taught their little ones to take a 3hr nap in the morning and a 2 hr nap in the afternoon until kindergarten or 5years old...that's how they did it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"