Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Suggestions Needed - tailgating

We are going out of town with baby to his first tailgate and of course the weather forecast is a high of 92.  We will have a tent so he will be in shade and I will have plenty of formula if needed.  Other than that any suggestions on how to keep him cool?  (We'll also be ready to leave early if needed but I'd like to be able to stay a little while since we are going out of town specifically for the tailgate.)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suggestions Needed - tailgating

• Options
    We took my son out on the 4th of July and it was a hot day. We bought a little hand held fan w/ foam blades and put it on the hood part of his stroller. We also bought a spray bottle fan so we could cool him down that way. He loved the spray bottle fan so much. He laughed every time we sprayed him!
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We keep our LO naked (well, with a diaper) when we're outside for any amount of time! You may get looks, but who cares! It's hot!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would try to get a little hat LO can wear to keep the sun off of his face...have you thought about getting a little baby pool to put him in?  That way he's in water and that will keep him cool.  You can probably get the little blow-up pools cheap now that it's almost labor day.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Amelia went to her first music festival last month. We took a great sun-shade from One Step Ahead, a bouncy seat, the Ergo, Jogging stroller, bug netting, Pop-up tailgating tent, a bottle of cool water (so she could have something other than formula.......

She also hung out in a diaper for most of the time.

• Options
    We took LO tailgating last weekend.  Brought the stroller so she could nap in the shade and we could get around the parking lot.  It was super hot and humid so we took her into the bookstore or basketball arena every hour to cool her off.  We brought a blanket in there and let her lay on the floor and chill out.  When outside, we dipped cloth diapers in the cooler and laid them on her while she napped.  Her cute dress lasted about 30 min and then she was in bloomers and a diaper.  We ended up staying less than we normally would but it was fun.  For the game, I watched it at a restaurant with her in the stroller napping for a while but she got freaked out by the noise so ended up a friends house.  Too hot and loud for her to be at the game itself.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It went well.  We had a generator at the tailgate and someone brought a big fan so we spent a good portion of our time there.  We only stayed a few hours and ended up going back to the hotel where DS napped while I watched the game in air conditioning!

• Options

imagemhaas28:
    We took my son out on the 4th of July and it was a hot day. We bought a little hand held fan w/ foam blades and put it on the hood part of his stroller. We also bought a spray bottle fan so we could cool him down that way. He loved the spray bottle fan so much. He laughed every time we sprayed him!

ditto this. We took Hannah out on the 3rd of July and we're in North Texas... it was HOT. We bought one of those little hand held fans and had it running constantly on her carseat. We also got another one that misted and would just mist her down periodically. She did really great. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll also admit that any time someone held her she seemed to get even hotter and make that person hot. Babies are like mini heaters. I'd recommend letting him hang out somewhere he can lay/sit by himself in the shade as much as possible to keep him cooler. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"