Baby Showers
Options

Boy baby shower theme?

I am throwing a shower for my friend and am at a complete loss... All I've come up with are cute safari animals, pea in a pod... and nothing else. What themes can you all come up with?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Boy baby shower theme?

• Options

How about picking a color scheme (ie. blues and greens) and then adding characters like teddy bears. Another cute idea that I've seen is to pick a popular childrens book, use the colors from the book to decorate and the characters/colors from the books to do a diaper cake. One of the best ones I've seen for this is Dr. Seuss. May not be everyone's style, but if you pick something yourself, it makes it more unique. 

Or, if the shower is happening sometime soon (like this fall) you could always do fall colors for the shower. I've read other women say they've been to baby showers that were more "partyish" like luau(sp?) too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMcGibbon51311:

How about picking a color scheme (ie. blues and greens) and then adding characters like teddy bears. Another cute idea that I've seen is to pick a popular childrens book, use the colors from the book to decorate and the characters/colors from the books to do a diaper cake. One of the best ones I've seen for this is Dr. Seuss. May not be everyone's style, but if you pick something yourself, it makes it more unique. 

Or, if the shower is happening sometime soon (like this fall) you could always do fall colors for the shower. I've read other women say they've been to baby showers that were more "partyish" like luau(sp?) too. 

Ask the Mom her favorite children's book and use that as the theme. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

if you look down below.... someone did a cat in the hat theme that was super adorable!!

some ideas: generic baby feet.. cute, simple

ducks since afterall its a shower :) saw a super cute centerpiece of rubber duckies in a glass bowl. so cute!

someone below is also asking about monkies... could be super cute

sports theme or cars if the parents to be are big fans of either.- you can design your own invites or use etsy and branch from there. ie- car models as center pieces etc 

• Options
    For my sister's, I did "Ahoy, it's a boy!"  Nautical colors, beach theme, sailboats.. it was too cute!
  • Options
    My sister is doing a "little man" theme for mine...think bow ties, mustaches, etc. Saw some great inspiration blogs online. Colors are blue and green.
    TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did rubber duckies for my son. Or you can do dinosaurs.
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of shower *themes*.... IMO "baby" is theme enough. but that being said, I did recently attend a shower where there was a 'clothesline' theme that was done really nicely and not over the top.
    "If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

In my circle, we do a theme along the same  lines as the nursery.  Therefore, I got a STL Cardinals baseball theme :)  However, we also did a "A's little pumpkin" for  my sister.  Her shower was in Oct and the nursery would have been too hard. 

• Options
    I'm doing a pirate theme, it's been really fun and different to plan.
  • Options
    I wanted to have our shower be co-ed, so we're having a "baby fiesta" - we thought the word "shower" might scare the guys away. :) Instead of super-bright "traditional" Mexican colors, the color scheme is pale blue, sage, white and khaki. We're doing DIY mini pinatas as favors, cooking Mexican food for snacking on (enchiladas and a taco bar along with mini sopapillas and empanada pops for dessert), making a tissue paper pennant (similar to prayer flags) with baby symbols cut out of each panel,  serving both regular and virgin margaritas, etc. I love Mexican food, so it made sense. :)
  • Options
    an owl theme is a cute and unique boy idea
  • Options
    My theme is moustaches!  My sister found a cute party online and is borrowing ideas from it.  Lots of moustaches on sticks for photos and chocolate moustaches for party favors.  She also thought of a pirate, robot, or Cat in the Hat theme too.
  • Options
    My mom is doing a "Welcome New Little Prince" theme with crowns and the colors are blue and green. I love the idea because my LO is going to be my little prince. Party City, Oriental Trading Company, and lots of other stores have the prince theme.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"