Pregnant after a Loss

Tears for my lost daughter. Death mentioned

Today is the day I have been dreading for a week.  It has been three years since I held my gorgeous baby girl in my arms.  My DH has closed the door to the room cuz he can't talk about it, and he can't stand to see me cry.  My fam and IL say I am going to hurt Gabriel b/c I am too sad.  I don't see how they expect me to make it go away.  I keep replaying the Dr. calling her time of death.  I keep hearing the long beep from the heart monitor.  I keep seeing her eyes.  She was two years old, how do you get over getting a call at work telling you your two year old has drowned in the bathtub?  How do you expect me to not be sad.  She was so amazingly perfect for having such a hard pregnancy and terrieble birth story.  I can't talk to anyone about it because it "hurts them to think about it" and see no point in going to a counseler because it isn't like he knows how I feel about my dd.  So I am sitting in a dark room with only this computer on feeling totally alone and I am pretty sure I will run out of tears soon.  I don't want to make anyone sad, I really don't that is why I am in here all alone so I don't make anyone else sad.  But I needed to say something...somewhere....and I hope you ladies don't mind. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tears for my lost daughter. Death mentioned

• Huge hugs to you on such a difficult day. I can not imagine. Hang in there. T&P your way. 
  • I can not even begin to imagine. {{{hugs}}}
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • <Hugs>  I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

• I am so, so sorry for your loss and all that you are going through.  My thoughts are with you today.
  • I can't imagine how you must feel and especially since you have no one to turn to IRL for extra support.  I am so very sorry.  Thinking of you today and sending you lots and lots of hugs!
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
  • T&P's for a hard day. I am sitting in a dark room today bawling too. I'm so sad and I don't know why. We can cry together. ((HUGS))
  • I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you on this difficult day.
  • (((HUGE HUGS))) I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. 
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How aweful, im so sorry for your loss :'(

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• I am so so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers today. :::HUGS:::
    BFP-2/4/10 EDD-9/27/10 M/C-2/11/10 7w3d D&C and Methotrexate-2/19/10
    BFP-11/21/10 M/C-11/25/10
    Clomid Cycle #1-BFN
    Clomid Cycle #2-BFP-1/18/2011 M/C-1/26/2011
    BFP-5/18/11 Riley arrived 2/3/12 8lbs6oz 21.5in
  • I can not imagine the pain you are feeling today.  I am so sorry.  I will tell you my experience, only because it involves dealing with a living child...but doesn't compare to yours.  My surviving son is identical twins with the my son who was stillborn.  We have been honest with him from the beginning about his brother's death. We use terms he can understand and keep it simple.  BUT he has seen me cry...many times.  We are not danaging him because of this.  it is good for him to see us grieve.  I believe we are teaching him that it is healthy and okay to have these feelings.  Seeing us work thru our feelings about the loss of his brother, seems to help him feel better about talking to us about his feelings towards it.  So, you do what you feel is right.  Don't think that you are doing anythign bad by showing your emotions.

I hope you get thru the day okay.  Be gentle with yourself.  My heart goes out to you. I will be thinking of you and your angel today.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry.  I can't imagine what you're going through.  Sending the biggest hugs today, and lots of T&P for you and your family.  I'm sorry your family and ILs are saying that stuff about you being sad.  I don't think it will hurt Gabriel.  You need to and have the right to grieve.
  • I am so sorry for your loss and that you are alone today.  I do not think you will hurt Gabriel with your grief and I am sorry that was said to you.  Sending you lots of thoughts and prayers today.  
  • I'm so sorry. Giant hugs to you. Please do what you need to do to grieve. More hugs.
  • (((HUGS))) I can't imagine what you are going through. I know I can only imagine how painful the loss is... T&P are with you and your DH. Maybe not a counselor but a support group could help.
  • Sweet heart, you beautiful mother, of course you are sad.  Of course you are upset and hurting and grieving.  I cannot imagine the pain of that call or your enormous loss or what you've dealt with for the last three years.

But you are not alone.  There are a number of us here with open arms, ready to sit with you, to abide with you, who will gladly take on some of your pain for awhile.  It does make sad to hear about your perfect little girl, because it is a tragedy that she is not here with you now excited about her baby brother.

I will think of you and your family today, and I invite you to talk more about her.  Tell me about her.  Tell me what she looked like when she was dreaming, tell me what her favorite stuffed animal was, tell me anything you want.  And not just me - there is another place you are always welcome, where we will always share your pain - www.glowinthewoods.com  is a site for babylost parents of all sorts and a good resource.  We know how it is to lose your child, and we are always here to abide with you.

Be sad.  It's ok to be sad and more than sad.  It is wrong that your baby girl is not here, and there is not a thing wrong in mourning her, today of all days.   We may be separated by a computer, but I am sitting here with you, dear one.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

My Blog

• I'm so sorry for your loss, many thoughts and prayers with you. You are in my thoughts today. (((Hugs)))
    BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
  • Hugs! I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. You do whatever you need to do today and don't worry what others say. You have every right to grieve.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• There are no words to express how sorry I am that you are dealing with such a painful loss and memory.  I can only pray that you get through the anniversary and are comforted by those around you.  You have every right to grieve and no one should expect you to just move on and forget it.  Your new baby is not suffering because you are sad.  You don't need to worry about that on top of your feelings.  Hugs to you and your family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You have suffered more than any mother should ever have to suffer.  Hugs and prayers to you.  I wish there were some way to ease your pain.  You have every right and every reason on earth to cry.  Please know, you are not alone.  Many hearts are breaking for you today.  Mine is one of them.

• Big hugs for you and sweet Kamryn.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I can not even imagine the pain you are feeling! I know at your little girl is looking down on you and will be Gabriel's guardian angel! I wish I was there to give you a big hug! No one should ever tell you how you should feel, Kamryn knows she is loved and was very lucky to have you as her mommy even though her stay here was too short!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTCAL.buddies.with.LilMags.and.mundayem~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DS1 10/10/09, Angel Baby 9/19/10 (12 weeks), DD 11/11/11, DS2 11/12/12
  • You can always talk to us! I am so sorry for your loss. I was thinking of you this morning. I wish you peace. Big hug! If you need anything let us know - it's a sisterhood on this board and we will help hold you up. Take care.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  You will not hurt Gabriel by feeling sad and emotional.  I would really recommend that you reconsider the counselor angle, though -- those that work with parents that have experienced loss are trained in helping you process those feelings whatever they are -- they will "know" how you feel to that extent and might really be able to help you work with your mixed feelings of sadness for your daughter and happiness for your pregnancy.  I bet your OB could refer you to a resource if you are not aware of any in your community.  ((Hugs))

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

• I'm so sorry.  I hope your family comes around and is more understanding.  Best of luck today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hugs. I am so sorry you have no one to talk to about your daughter. I would definitely talk to a counseler... I think it would help just to have someone who will listen to you.
    Wedding 6.18.04 Cole 11.20.06 Gavin 3.31.08 Parker 07.15.10 Logan 04.03.12
  • {{{BIGHUGEHUGEHUGS!}}}

I am so sorry that you loss your sweet Kamryn. Your heart must ache and your family sounds like they aren't being as supportive as they should be.  I am so sorry that she died. It is so unfair.  Always know that we are here for you!

• I am so sorry to hear about all the emotions you are going through today.  Sending you lots of hugs for this difficult day.  I am glad you are letting your thoughts out here.  Don't keep it inside.  We are here to listen.  ((((HUGS))))
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im sending you lot of hugs and many T&P!!!
    formerly laurc Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP#1- 12.31.09- EDD 09.10.10- our angel Ella born sleeping on 09.03.10 BFP#2- 03.09.11- EDD 11.13.11- DS born 10.29.11 via successful induction BFP#3- 6.27.12- EDD 3.5.13- CVS 8.28.12, it's a BOY!-- DS2 born 2.14.13 via successful induction
  • {{{HUGS}}} I cant even imagine what you are going through
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Thinking of you today.  Huge ((HUGS))
  • Big hugs! No one should expect you not to be sad and you are not hurting your DS.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • I am so sorry.  I don't even know what to say.
  • Huge hugs I am sorry you have no one to talk to IRL. I agree I would speak to a counselor so you have someone to talk. I went to a counselor after my miscarriage when I was having a hard time. You greiving over your daughter is not going to cause any harm to your son.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I am sorry you're having a hard day and no one IRL is there to support you. You are not hurting your baby by grieving. Anyone who tells you different ignore them. It's better to get your feelings out then to hold them in and upset your belly. I know how it feels when it seems like you're the only one in the world still grieving for your child. My family still grieves and so does SO but in a much different way then I do. They seem to hide their grief and it makes me feel really alone. Cry as much as you need and talk to us all you want. I'm having a really hard time right now too. If you ever need someone to talk to one on one I am more then willing. Sending you a ton of hugs, thoughts and prayers.
  • I am so so sorry for your loss.  I don't think any amount of time ever makes that pain go away.  You are not harming your son by being sad or emotional..  I am sorry you don't have someone in your family to talk to.  You can talk to us about it anytime.  ((hugs))
  • I am so sorry that no one is supporting you today of all days.   I hope that you take all the time that you need to mourn.
    BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• I can't imagine what you are going through.  I am so sorry sweetie.  Don't let anyone rush your time of moarning.  I would have to ask that you consider counseling.  I understand where you are coming from as far as the counselor not understanding...I felt the same way, but I have found counseling to be very beneficial for me and my marriage.  I needed and still need coping skills to deal with the loss of our angel babies.  I am keeping you in thought and prayer.  HUGS
  • I am so, so sorry.  Of course you're sad - there is no reason not to be.  You lost the center of your universe in a tragic, painful way.  I'm so sorry that you have this pain in your life, but I think that acknowledging it and feeling it is so important for you.  Ignoring it doesn't help you heal - and by ignoring it (in my mind) - it's almost as if people forget that she even existed.  I will be thinking of you and your little girl today - and sending you ((MASSIVE HUGS)).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• (((Hugs))) 

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your precious daughter in my thoughts and prayers. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"