Minnesota Babies

Any Centennial district mommies out there?

Has anybody participated in any of the kids community classes offered by the district?  I just enrolled DD in toddler gymnastics and swimming lessons and I'm wondering what to expect.  TIA!
When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. - Harry, "When Harry Met Sally" Planning Bio
imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Any Centennial district mommies out there?

• I don't live in the district, but I took DD1 for the toddler gymnastics classes there when she was a little over 18 months. 

I wasn't impressed at all with it, really. The class was supposedly for kids 18-36 months, but pretty much everything was aimed at the physical development of a 3 year old (and some of it a little older even). 

It was basically just a circuit of random activities set up, and the kids went from station to station (with parent). DD got bored with the things she could do and really frustrated with the things she couldn't. Plus, the opening circle time was full of activities beyond her skill, and she really seemed to just get in the way of the other kids.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If anything else, have you considered going to one of the gymnastics schools around the area.  It ended up being pretty reasonable to send DD to an 8week series of classes and their tiny tots program was awesome for skill development right in the gym itself where it was all padded and equiped with more of a tots area.  I think there's one of the schools right in Champlin - otherwise, I know of one in Minnetonka that is really good for all levels.

As for swimming lessons, they're ALL really dependent upon the instructor you end up with whether it's at the Y, Foss, Community Ed., etc.  We had one series with DD that she picked up a TON and the next series with a new instructor it seemed every night, she didn't pick up as much.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"