Alabama Babies

Christening/Dedication Party?

So I realize I may not get many replies by posting this on  Friday night, but here goes :)

We are joining a church next week and the next infant baptism is in October. For DD's baptism, I was thinking we would invite our parents and grandparents to church for the day and then back to our house for brunch. The baptism will be during the early service (around 8:30 am), which ends at 9:30. I guess the brunch could officially start at 10? I'm not sure the best way to plan this. What do y'all think?

Did anyone have a get-together after their child's dedication/christening/baptism? Any recommendations?

dx PCOS 2008 ~ Miracle baby DD born June 2010
BFP#2: 9/25/11 M/C 6 weeks 5 days (CP) 10/13/11
BFP#3: 12/23/11 Progesterone started 12/29/11 Stick, baby, stick! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Christening/Dedication Party?

• I think doing it at 10 would be good. That way it would give you time to get back home and get most everything together. At that time I would suggest brunch. Maybe have like fruit salad, some type of breakfast casserole, and something sweet like cinnamon rolls or an orange rolls, ect. Hope this helps.

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • imageErin&Gregg07:

I think doing it at 10 would be good. That way it would give you time to get back home and get most everything together. At that time I would suggest brunch. Maybe have like fruit salad, some type of breakfast casserole, and something sweet like cinnamon rolls or an orange rolls, ect. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Erin! I think I will do the brunch at 10. I found a recipe for a sausage casserole I can put in the crockpot so I can do that before we go to church. Good idea with the fruit salad too, which I can cut up ahead of time. 

dx PCOS 2008 ~ Miracle baby DD born June 2010
    BFP#2: 9/25/11 M/C 6 weeks 5 days (CP) 10/13/11
    BFP#3: 12/23/11 Progesterone started 12/29/11 Stick, baby, stick! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The idea of a brunch sounds good.  We just went out to lunch afterwards with A's, but it was just us and both sets of grandparents and we live out in the county but go to church in town, so I didn't want to make everyone drive back to our house.  If I lived in town though I would have done something at our house, so I think a brunch is an excellent idea. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"