April 2012 Moms

Very serious question

When getting your peanut butter and jelly on

a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam

and c) do you do anything special to the bread??

Like I said this is serious business.

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.

Re: Very serious question

• I've been eating a lot of these lately:

A. I use Welch's Grape Jelly.  I believe it is the original J in PB&J and anything else is a fallacy!

B. I try to go about 50-50.

C. I eat the bread once it has the peanut butter and jelly spread on it.

Always, always cut it in half.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• a) what kind of jelly/jam do you us-has to be strawberry jam or apple butter

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam-double pb to j

and c) do you do anything special to the bread??i like it fresh and soft

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use Smuckers Raspberry Jam or Knott's Boysenberry Jam 

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam Equal amounts

and c) do you do anything special to the bread?? I like the 100% whole wheat No HFCS Sara Lee bread

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haha, this gave me a much needed, great laugh. Thank you!

a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use: Blackberry Jam

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam: More peanut butter than jam!

and c) do you do anything special to the bread??: When I was younger my mom put butter/margarine under the peanut butter. Nowadays, I can't stand the idea of all the extra calories! EEK!

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love grape jelly with my peanut butter sandwiches.

I'd say it's about 60% jelly and 40% peanut butter.

I do nothing to the bread

--

Now, if you asked me this until I was 14 years old, I would have told you that peanut butter was gross. I prefererred 100% grape jelly sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Recently, I've been into grape even though I never liked it as a kid. I get some natural brand of "fruit spread".. I don't remember. (My favorite brand of jelly is St. Dalfour, but it's expensive.)

Equal parts PB and jelly.

Nothing special to the bread. I put PB on one slice and jelly on the other, and slice the sandwich from corner to corner so it's easy to shove into my mouth.

• I love Welches grape jelly!  Its the only way to make an authentic PB&J.  If I'm feeling extra crazy... i'll skip the jelly and add Fluff!

Its usually pretty even...  50/50.  Peanut butter first... clean the knife off, then grape jelly... THEN cut it in half.

white bread.  Old school baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use   berry...strawberry, raspberry, blueberry

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam  50/50

and c) do you do anything special to the bread?? always cut in half

yummm i want PB&J now!

• No J, just PB and I'm SERIOUS about PB. Toasted bread or English muffin, I'm allowing it to be buttered since I'm pg and WANT IT, and then lots of PB.

Also, for you PB lovers with a Pink Berry nearby, they have PB & J frozen yogurt. The jelly is added as a jelly but the PB frozen yogurt is a-maz-ing!

• imagegisa886:

a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use Definitely strawberry or raspberry jam.  I'm not a grape jelly person.

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam  Heavier on the PB--maybe 2/3 PB, 1/3 jam

and c) do you do anything special to the bread?? I like it toasted.  i'm not a fan of limp bread.  Cut in a diagonal.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• imagemegoguen:

No J, just PB and I'm SERIOUS about PB. Toasted bread or English muffin, I'm allowing it to be buttered since I'm pg and WANT IT, and then lots of PB.

Also, for you PB lovers with a Pink Berry nearby, they have PB & J frozen yogurt. The jelly is added as a jelly but the PB frozen yogurt is a-maz-ing!

There are few things in life that I like more than PB.  Must try the Pinkberry PB fro-yo!

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• a) I like seedless raspberry or grape jam

b) Heavy on the PB, moderate on the jam..  there is no such thing as a "smattering" in my PB&J world.

c) I squash it down with my hand

additional d) when I read the first line of your post I thought "getting my pb and j on" was a euphanism for sexy stuff.  I guess I'm a horndog.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Am I the only one who took this sexually at first? lol! I have no idea why, but I was trying to figure out what you meant by peanut butter and what you meant by jelly. haha!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I stick with PB all the way!  Love to toast the bread and sometimes I spread a little honey or syrup on top. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mmm I love PB and honey too, and also PB and banana on cinnamon raisin bread.
  • a) strawberry seedless jam only

b) probably 50/50

c) ummmm eat it? 

photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Very serious question indeed!  These are my favorite type of questions. 

A.  I am a jelly snob.  I can only do homemade freezer jam.  Luckily both my mom and MIL make this.  Strawberry is my favorite but my MIL did just make an amazing blackberry.  Oh, peach is really good as well.  I've tried the store bought stuff and just can't do it. 

B.  Iots and  lots of both! 

C.  I like soft white bread, to be honest, but normally I have the healthy stuff at home.  I have to put the pb on one piece of bread and jelly on the other.  I don't understand how people can put both on one side of the bread. 

Also, I'm very into jelly and cream cheese lately.  My breakfast of choice has been a whole wheat english muffin with cream cheese and jelly on it.  Try it and thank me later.

• oh honey wheat bread, a thick layer of honey, and creamy peanut butter.. then you let it sit for aminute so the honey can crystalize on the bread.. YUM
  • imageLaouli:
    oh honey wheat bread, a thick layer of honey, and creamy peanut butter.. then you let it sit for aminute so the honey can crystalize on the bread.. YUM

yes!

• imageTambcat:
    mmm I love PB and honey too, and also PB and banana on cinnamon raisin bread.

PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA!!! GAHHHH!!!! Sorry for the yelling but you're speaking my language!!!!!

• I am one of those weird people who don't like pb&j.

I actually can't stand jelly at all and the only way I like peanut butter is if it is on a spoon or smothered in chocolate.

Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • Is there any room for fluff in this conversation? Bc I'm likely to skip the jelly, half and half in the fluff and PB and possibly add some banana on there. Yum!
  • imagecruelsound:
    I have no idea what this jelly is you speak of. Peanut butter only, forever and ever, always.

Agreed! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:
    I have no idea what this jelly is you speak of. Peanut butter only, forever and ever, always.

A woman after my own heart. <3

• a) smuckers seedless strawberry jelly

b) equal amounts of pb and j

c) nothing special with the bread.

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use Has to be grape.  HAS TO  Or I will not eat it. 

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam Equal peanut butter to jelly ratio.  Too much of either ruins the whole thing.

and c) do you do anything special to the bread??  Nothing other than the fact that it needs to be soft white bread.  PB&J on anything else is just wrong!!!

Oh and it needs to have a large glass of milk.  It can be either chocolate milk, strawberry milk or regular milk but it needs to be ice cold. 

• PB only for me, too.

This thread has me craving pb. Now I need to hunt some down to stop me from salivating over my keyboard.

• I love me some PB&J

a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use: Usually Grape sometimes Strawberry!

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam: More Peanut Butter than Jelly. I slather on the PB!!

and c) do you do anything special to the bread?? I just eat it. I usually eat the crust first and save the middle for last!!

YUM now i want a sandwich!! Big Smile

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageHopefulJen:

Very serious question indeed!  These are my favorite type of questions. 

A.  I am a jelly snob.  I can only do homemade freezer jam.  Luckily both my mom and MIL make this.  Strawberry is my favorite but my MIL did just make an amazing blackberry.  Oh, peach is really good as well.  I've tried the store bought stuff and just can't do it. 

B.  Iots and  lots of both! 

C.  I like soft white bread, to be honest, but normally I have the healthy stuff at home.  I have to put the pb on one piece of bread and jelly on the other.  I don't understand how people can put both on one side of the bread. 

Also, I'm very into jelly and cream cheese lately.  My breakfast of choice has been a whole wheat english muffin with cream cheese and jelly on it.  Try it and thank me later.

This is sooo yummy! Def'ly a fan! even good on toast!

• imagegisa886:

a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use Lately Welch's grape jelly because it's all I can handle.  Used to be Smuckers Sugar Free raspberry but the flavor/smell of that is not good to me right now.

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam - 50/50

and c) do you do anything special to the bread?? nothing special to the bread but I am very specific on how I make it.  Bread slices side by side, peanut butter on the left slice, jelly on the right slice, then close it up and cut diagonally.

Like I said this is serious business. Very serious indeed!

• imagegisa886:

a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use- Grape jelly or strawberry jam.

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam - about 60% pb, 40% jelly

and c) do you do anything special to the bread?? I toast the bread so the peanut butter can melt a little.

• imagegisa886:

a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use Whatever is available. I love strawberry jelly though.

b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam PB to Jelly is about 7:3

and c) do you do anything special to the bread?? No. Not usually. When I'm feeling crazy though I'll make a grilled pb&j. It. is. AMAZING.

Son 4/27/12, Son 10/15/14, Daughter 9/29/16....Baby #4 due 10/09/19!  Apparently we get really bored in January ;)
  • I am in the minority here. I like blackberry, grape and strawberry jelly, I put significantly more jelly than peanut butter on my sandwiches, and I do nothing special with my bread.
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Seriously, I eat like 2 of these a day.

Smuckers Grape Jelly

50/50 of each

Sometimes I butter and toast the bread (because I'm not gaining enough weight as it is...lol let's add BUTTER to the mix) 

ALWAYS cut it in half 

~Lauryn Marette
    Mommy of 3 Angel Babies and one on the way!
    #1 m/c on 7/11/11 at 5w3d
    #2 m/c on 10/6/11 at 10w5d
    #3 m/c on 6/13/12 at 4w0d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • strawberry, raspberry or grape jelly. 

usually more peanut butter (it has to be the smooth kind) than jelly, but it depends on my mood

nothing special to the bread, but it has to be white wonder bread. I only eat that kind with a PB&J.

I haven't had one in a few weeks, and it sounds really good right now. 

• a) what kind of jelly/jam do you use Welch's Grape! (Sometimes the sugar free stuff, but it just isn't as good!)b) what is your ratio of peanut butter to jelly/jam Slightly more PB....to much jelly oozing out is nasty!and c) do you do anything special to the bread?? I like the 100% whole wheat Oroweat bread.....toasted. Yes, that's right, toasted. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"