North Dakota Babies

New to the area

Hello everyone! I happened to stumble on this board by accident but wanted to say hi. My husband, daughter and I just moved from Brainerd, MN to Dickinson, ND. We very recently found out there is another one of the way in January which was somewhat of a surprise but a very welcoming one:)

We are slowly adjusting to ND life. The weather is pretty similar to what we're used to except the wind. Wow, lets just say the wind we called "wind" was more of a breeze!! LOL! But the people here are great and very friendly...just wish there were more options for shopping and things to do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: New to the area

• Welcome to ND!  This board is rather slow but if you have any questions they usually get asked in a couple of days. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Isn't the wind great?  15-20 is considered breezy here.  :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hear ya on the shopping.  A good friend of mine moved from Bismarck to Dickinson last year and she misses the shopping and the Starbucks!

• imagejcombs:

I hear ya on the shopping.  A good friend of mine moved from Bismarck to Dickinson last year and she misses the shopping and the Starbucks!

Yes I'm in the same boat.  My DH and I are in Minot (so we do have a Starbucks) but we moved here from Portland OR last October so yes, the wind and absence of activities was something to get use to for sure!  Good thing the people here are SO GREAT! 

And Welcome  :)

image image image BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker DH: 25 Me: 24 *Married April 7, 2007* -Baby #1 due January 2012- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil. 4:6
  • imagejcombs:

I hear ya on the shopping.  A good friend of mine moved from Bismarck to Dickinson last year and she misses the shopping and the Starbucks!

Yes I'm in the same boat.  My DH and I are in Minot (so we do have a Starbucks) but we moved here from Portland OR last October so yes, the wind and absence of activities was something to get use to for sure!  Good thing the people here are SO GREAT! 

And Welcome  :)

image image image BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker DH: 25 Me: 24 *Married April 7, 2007* -Baby #1 due January 2012- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil. 4:6
  • I just moved from Ontario, Oregon to Grand Forks :).

I really miss the desert and the roadtrips farther west. Those were the days.

But people are VERY nice here, I have noticed. Amazing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • And there's a different kind of beauty in our landscape as far as I'm concerned.  I like the long open spaces in the Red River Valley with beautiful cropland and the rolling hills making way to the badlands. 
  • agumagum member
    I am on the other side of the state, in Fargo, but welcome to the state.  The wind is something to get used to, we've been here almost 2 years and I still can't believe how windy it gets some days!
  • We also just moved to Dickinson, ND. It would be great to get together sometime as you mentioned there is little to do in this town. However they do have an abundance of parks which is great for my 2yo. We just found out our second will be joining us in March. Unexpected but indeed a joy to be bringing another life into the world. However this pregnancy has been much more difficult than the first.
  • Welcome to Dickinson! Where did you move from? We do try out different parks every week or so. We also go to story time at the library on Monday's at 9:30am and then they have kid fit on Wednesday's & Friday's at 9:15am at the community center (which in the book says ages 3-5 but many mom's of younger children go too). But other than that and going to the community center to swim...that's about it as far as activities!! UGH! Is your 2 yo a girl or a boy? Congratulations on the pregnancy!! I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes better for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"