Success after IF

When did you fit back into your regular clothes after birth?

I gave birth 5 1/2 weeks ago. I was overweight to before I got pregnant. I gained about 25ish pounds, and pretty much lost all of that. But my body is different. My belly is very different and hangs somewhat. Ugh. I know it takes time. I am just wondering- will it ever go back to normal? When did you fit into your regular clothes, if ever? Do I need to buy new clothes? Ugh. (BTW-I am not BFing.)
DS born 7.30.11

Re: When did you fit back into your regular clothes after birth?

• I lost all the weight with in 3 months, but going on 2 years later I am still not in my pre-pregnancy clothes. My body is just not the same and I still have a pouch that won't go away.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I got back into regular (stretch shorts) about 6 weeks pp. However the shorts were a size bigger than normal. I was back into my "regular size" 3-4 months pp. My stomach isn't the same but i was baxk in myclothes3-4 months. It took me 2 years to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I also did not bf.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • the poochy tummy can be permanent, although i think pilates helps. you will lose some of the extra skin by about 5 months. i think at that point i could fit into most of my clothes.

WTG on only gaining 25 pounds! i gained 60. =( 

• Due to IF, I was 30 pounds overweight when I got pregnant and gained an additional 62 pounds during my pregnancy. Ouch!

It took me about a year to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and an additional year to get the additional 30+ pounds off. The good news is that I am 96 lighter today than I was on the day I had my son. Smile

My body is very different than it used to be (a little more saggy in some places) but I have been back in my pre-IF clothes for more than a year now. Another note, I only BF for 13 weeks.

One more note - our boys have the same birthday! Gotta love those July 30 babies!

TTC since 10/06 - Went to RE after 6 months of TTC due to AMA -Diagnosed with MIF 5/07, only option IVF with ICSI - IVF #1 cancelled due to cyst, never got to ER - IVF #1.5 10/07, BFP - Robert Andrew born 7/30/08 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I had lost all but like 3 pounds in 6 weeks.   But I never fit back into my old jeans (and most of my other pants, too, for that matter).   My lower body was just a different shape and things never fit right.    I had to buy new pants.    

Tops were a slightly different story.   My boobs were GINORMOUS while breastfeeding, so a lot of my old shirts didn't fit right until after I weaned.   

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• I was back in my pre-pregnancy clothes after 3 months PP.  Some of my jeans are still a bit snug, so I still wear my maternity Sevens every now and then.  

My shoes are a different story.  For some reason all my shoes feel SUPER snug and uncomfortable.  I've been living in flip-flops since March.  I'll be bummed if my feet don't go "back to normal" because I have so many cute shoes that I'll have to get rid of!  

I wore some flats the other evening to a wedding and they caused a blister on my heel...and they used to be a little too big for me!  If I don't fit into my shoes by winter time, it's gonna be an Ugg sorta season, haha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ummm, I'm still waiting. But then I haven't really been working on it, so I guess I can't complain...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, I am still significantly overweight, but at 1 week post partum I am 10lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight (total loss of 20lbs) and wearing regular clothes. My belly is all flab and mush though.

With Eliza, I was under pre-pregnancy weight within a month or so, but gained it all back plus 10more within a year. When I got pregnant with Lydia, I was at an all time high. 

Since I am losing "ahead" of the game, I would like to keep heading in the right direction. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I fit in everything except my dress pants and one pair of jeans by 6-8 weeks but it probably took about 3 months until everything fit well. I did buy a few pairs of nice pants to return to work in for the first few weeks back.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Ha this year after WW! I gained 80 and had a c-section
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm 3 months PP and still have maybe 5 lbs to go, but my stomach is just not the same.  My abdominal muscles separated and still haven't gone back together.  I really need to start doing sit ups!

I just wore my maternity clothes until my pre-pg clothes fit again.  And not all of them fit.  My thighs are a bit bigger than they used to be :(

• Still waiting.

Sorry.

• I was in some of my bigger pants at about 2-3 weeks PP and everything by 2 months PP.  I gained 34 lbs and lost all but 3 lbs in the 1st 2 months and just finally got back to my pre pregnancy weight this past month.
  • It took me a few months to loose the weight, but my body is different - especially my hips and rib cage. Some of my clothes still don't fit even though I weigh less than my pp weight. (I also lost my IF weight.)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I went back to work at 9 weeks and i had to buy all new clothes because I was still 1 size larger than I was pre-pregancy.

Just now at 4 months, I am back in my pre-pregancy jeans, pants, etc and the weird stomach thing is mostly gone. But I haven't weighed myself lately and I would assume that I still weigh more because of the nursing breasts I am currently sporting.

• I think because I'm EBFing it came off fast. I'd lost all but about 7lbs by 2 weeks and am back in most of my old clothes. BUT my body is differently shaped than before and I don't know if I'll be able to change that. I hope so! My butt is smaller but my waist is wider :/
  • Two weeks but I have a crazy overactive thyroid and EBF'd too.
  • With both my pregnancies, I lost the weight quickly and was back in my pre-pregnancy clothes within ~10 days or so.  However, I was definitely shaped differently....after my first pregnancy, I ended up 'back to normal' (pretty much) within a few months.  After my 2nd pregnancy, it's taken longer and took me about 8-12 weeks and I think I have a new "normal".
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was not overweight before pregnancy and gained 60lbs.  It took me 8 months (and some help from Metformin) to get back into my pre-preg pants.  It took me a full year to lose all the weight.  I couldn't even fit into my shoes 4 months postpartum.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am EBFing also and could fit into most of my pre-preg clothes within the first few weeks. I'm just now fitting into all my old jeans but it's still too hot to wear them. I got really lucky and my stomach didn't get too stretched out, so it actually looks pretty normal, BUT my thighs and butt are not quite the same and I don't know if they ever will be!!

Side note, I did start working out and running right when I was cleared at 6 weeks post c/s.

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"