March 2011 Moms
Options

Going to the beach, any tips?

We're going to the beach for 9 days. I read somewhere to take baby powder and use it to get sand off of skin, I thought that was pretty cool. We bought a EZ up, so we'll have shade.

I am a swimsuit nut, and since I can't look good in most swimwear, I am living vicariously through DD and she already has 5 swimsuits! I'm lucky they are all on sale this time of year!

Re: Going to the beach, any tips?

• Options

In the days before you leave, pay attention to what you absolutely have to use on a daily basis and take it along.

Find the nearest grocery store before you leave. Take enough diapers, food, etc for the ride and some extra in case of traffic. Buy everything else when you get there. There's no need to haul a cooler full of food, 2 cases of diapers and a flat of baby food if there is a grocery store nearby.

If you're still using special detergent for your daughter's laundry, make sure you buy some or take it with (assuming there's laundry facilities). You don't need the whole jug, just pour enough for a few loads in an empty water bottle.

Buy a few new small toys for your daughter to play with in the car. They're new so they'll hold her attention longer than the toys she's been playing with for the last month or so.

Print directions to the nearest hospital before you leave and make sure you have all necessary insurance cards and contact information. Just in case.

• Options

I disagree with pp. We went to the beach last month, and we brought enough of everything including diapers for the trip. I was so grateful not to need to go out and buy anything (especially since I would most likely wait until the last minute).

I recommend a baby pool for the beach in case your DD doesn't like the ocean. Eli loved his pool, and then liked putting his feet in the water because it didn't seem as cold. And it was a good way to cool him off when he got too hot. Also, we brought a travel bassinet that was perfect for him to sleep in on the beach.

Have fun!

Food Blog! image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Amber has read 17 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"