Pittsburgh Babies

telling family and friends?

~ so how long do you wait to tell family and friends that you're expecting? 

~we just found out.....um.....today!

~Hubby is soooo excited and wants to tell our entire family at a picnic this weekend.  I'm a little apprehensive though.  I've had girlfriends who this did not work out so well for.  

I understand wanted to let everyone know together but is it too soon?

Re: telling family and friends?

• Congrats!

I told my parents, brothers and a few of my closest friends asap. My husband wanted to wait until after the first appt. to tell his parents, it was about 10 weeks. And we just told co-workers and the rest of our friends just last week after my second appt., @ 14 weeks.

image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • We told everyone pretty quickly....I was having some issues and going to the Dr quite a bit at the beginning.  I was like 6-8 weeks when we started telling people..

If you want to scream it to the world, go for it!  Congrats!  Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't tell anyone who you wouldn't also tell if you miscarried. 12 weeks is pretty standard for sharing the news--your odds of losing the pregnancy drop significantly at that point. I am sure you will be fine though.

Congratulations!

• DH and I tell our moms and siblings after the pregnancy is confirmed.  Some closer family are told but for the most part we don't tell the entire family and all of our friends until we hit the 2nd trimester...just in case something were to happen.

I only told close family for support in case something were to happen and I lost the pregnancy.  I just feel like I'm jinxing it if I tell too many people before we're sure its going to stick. 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"