Babies on the Brain

aaaaaaaand... I have PUPPS.

Pure misery.... would be totally my luck. Pregnancy was pretty much a breeze until the past few days, when I noticed an itchy rash on my belly... then my inner upper arms... then my feet... and knees... I swear, if you could bottle this stuff up and give it to terrorists, we would have the most effective interrogation device ever known to creation.  I've been slathering myself with cortaid (OK'd by dr) but am trying to put on a brave face, since that can't be too good for the baby if I'm using a tube a day, which I probably could go through :(

Anyone else been through this special outer ring of hell and managed to come through the other side with their sanity somewhat intact??

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Re: aaaaaaaand... I have PUPPS.

• Oh no!  I'm so sorry.  Isn't the only "cure" for PUPPS deliverying your baby?  Are they planning on evicting baby early or are you going to tough it out until you go into labor?  :(  I'm so sorry.
  • I'm so so sorry love. My cousin got PUPPS with both of her pregnancies, and she was so miserable. At least you only have a few more weeks to go!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you dilated?  I would ask to be checked.  If you aren't soak in an oatmeal bath!
  • imageTheOriginalSP:
    Oh no!  I'm so sorry.  Isn't the only "cure" for PUPPS deliverying your baby?  Are they planning on evicting baby early or are you going to tough it out until you go into labor?  :(  I'm so sorry.

Yeah, that's what the doctor told me, with a look of pity on her face, when I asked if there was anything they could do to make it go away :( 

I'm having blood pressure issues and have been on bedrest for a week, so while I'm not rooting for an induction by ANY means at all, I'm wondering what they'll say at my next appointment at the end of the week.

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• I second the oatmeal bath...I was one of the freak cases who got PUPPS post delivery!

Sending non-itchy thoughts your way!

• imageMysterious_wife:
    Are you dilated?  I would ask to be checked.  If you aren't soak in an oatmeal bath!

And that's another thing! I have no idea if I'm dilated or making any progress in that department... at my last appt a week ago, she did my group B strep, so I was already "open for business" down there, but she didn't check, and I was so upset about the high bp reading that I didn't think to ask her specifically. But I'll ask again at my next appointment.

An oatmeal bath sounds like a FANTASTIC idea.

***BFP Chart***

• imageMamaPeanut:

I second the oatmeal bath...I was one of the freak cases who got PUPPS post delivery!

O_O How do you fix that one? 

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imageHappyAardvark:

imageTheOriginalSP:
    Oh no!  I'm so sorry.  Isn't the only "cure" for PUPPS deliverying your baby?  Are they planning on evicting baby early or are you going to tough it out until you go into labor?  :(  I'm so sorry.

Yeah, that's what the doctor told me, with a look of pity on her face, when I asked if there was anything they could do to make it go away :( 

I'm having blood pressure issues and have been on bedrest for a week, so while I'm not rooting for an induction by ANY means at all, I'm wondering what they'll say at my next appointment at the end of the week.

Ick. To all of it.

At least it held off this long? Squee?

LOL - is there such a thing as a defeated "squee?"  I guess I might find out on Friday.

***BFP Chart***

• Yep, I had it. Pretty bad, and EVERYWHERE, for about 6 weeks. Here's a picture! (it's my left arm)

My dermatologist wasn't even sure that's what it was because it wasn't "presenting like PUPPP".  Whatever that means.  It did mean a stupid punch biopsy which left me with a lovely butterfly shaped scar on my arm.

But I digress.

I got a prescription for Elocon ointment (a topical steroid, ok'd by the dermatologist and my OB), and she had me switch to Olay Body Ribbons w/ Jojoba Butter. This one:

After about 10 days of that regimen, it started to go away. It was totally gone for the last 6ish weeks of my pregnancy. Had my c/s and it started to come back around 3 days PP.  But it only lasted about 4 days.

I'm so sorry. PUPPP truly is hell on earth. 

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • imageMysterious_wife:
    imageMamaPeanut:

I second the oatmeal bath...I was one of the freak cases who got PUPPS post delivery!

Oh noes. I've been avoiding Dr. Google... my doctor just said it would clear up after delivery.

***BFP Chart***

• imageMysterious_wife:
    imageMamaPeanut:

eventually went away on its own...and I lived in oatmeal and steroid cream...sexy I know

• imagePubStar09:

Yep, I had it. Pretty bad, and EVERYWHERE, for about 6 weeks. Here's a picture! (it's my left arm)

My dermatologist wasn't even sure that's what it was because it wasn't "presenting like PUPPP".  Whatever that means.  It did mean a stupid punch biopsy which left me with a lovely butterfly shaped scar on my arm.

But I digress.

I got a prescription for Elocon ointment (a topical steroid, ok'd by the dermatologist and my OB), and she had me switch to Olay Body Ribbons w/ Jojoba Butter. This one:

After about 10 days of that regimen, it started to go away. It was totally gone for the last 6ish weeks of my pregnancy. Had my c/s and it started to come back around 3 days PP.  But it only lasted about 4 days.

I'm so sorry. PUPPP truly is hell on earth. 

Thanks for the recommendation!  I'll call the doctor tomorrow and ask about that medicine.

***BFP Chart***

• ugh..I'm sorry.  Hang in there.  I know bad cases can be treated with steriods, but with the exception of one or two terrible cases I've seen on here, it will go away on its own and normally it only occurs with 1st pregnancies, so you can kick it to the curb for good!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Another vote for the oatmeal bath and then you can come hang out with me in bed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oatmeal bath.  And if it would ever occur to you to put cold washcloths along your body where it itches the most, don't do it.  I forget the reason, but it makes the itching worse.  Ice packs are okay though.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"