New York Babies
Options

How do I meet other moms for playdates, etc... in NYC

My Manhattan based SIL (works full time) is looking to do weekend and/or evening playdates and does not have many mom friends.  Any tips on good ways to find playgroups, etc?  She has a nanny so she may be looking for weekday playgroups too.  Any good websites or suggestions on how to meet people with kids?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do I meet other moms for playdates, etc... in NYC

• Options
    Does the nanny know other nannies with kids the same age. A lot of times, I heard nannies take the kids to the park and talk with other nannies there and the kids play together. Maybe they could also play with your SIL on the weekends or evenings?
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have had good luck with Meetup.com. I joined a mom's group in Queens and they have meetups all the time.  I met a bunch of moms in my neighborhood.  They have a number of groups in Manhattan depending on what she's looking for, age of kids, etc.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTori219:
    I have had good luck with Meetup.com. I joined a mom's group in Queens and they have meetups all the time.  I met a bunch of moms in my neighborhood.  They have a number of groups in Manhattan depending on what she's looking for, age of kids, etc.  

I agree- meetup.com has a different groups for different neighborhoods, etc...  I would definitely try that! 

• Options

The local Y had a class for moms with new infants run by a social worker. It was an okay class, but I met other moms in my area in the same boat as me and we have been friends ever since. 

I also found out that my local gymboree used to sponsor a once weekly free meet-up for new moms in their music room. I saw that one on Meetup.com. 

Look into your Y or JCCA or Church or community center type place and try meetup.com too. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Joining a mommy/baby class in her interests would probably help. If she is interested in more natural parenting maybe a yoga class etc... Plus timeoutny Kids has events all the time that are a good place to meet other families.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"