Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Any stores that will exchange unopened formula no receipt?

Are there ANY stores that will do this? No money just exchange ready to feed for powder.

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any stores that will exchange unopened formula no receipt?

• Walmart pretty much takes anything back...just tell them you got it as a gift and LO can't have that particular kind.  They will either give you a gift card or cash back.  But they will take your drivers license number too.  As long as they don't see a pattern of you returning a lot you should be OK.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks I'll try walmart tomorrow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know Walmart will & so will Babies R Us.  However, with BRU (& most stores) if you have no receipt they give you the sale price of the item.  Which sometimes is a rip off.  I had to exchange formula given to me by my step mom at BRU & they practically ripped me off with the "sale price".  So I still had a difference to pay when I got the correct formula.
  • IDK about exchanging, but Wal-Mart does NOT take returns without receipts for formula, because it's a WIC item.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • imageBeetleLinz1125:
    Walmart pretty much takes anything back...just tell them you got it as a gift and LO can't have that particular kind.  They will either give you a gift card or cash back.  But they will take your drivers license number too.  As long as they don't see a pattern of you returning a lot you should be OK.

They won't give you cash back, but I am certain WalMart would do an exchange. I have never heard of a store giving cash back for an item returned without a receipt... especially if you say it was a gift.

• imagekathrnn:

imageBeetleLinz1125:
    Walmart pretty much takes anything back...just tell them you got it as a gift and LO can't have that particular kind.  They will either give you a gift card or cash back.  But they will take your drivers license number too.  As long as they don't see a pattern of you returning a lot you should be OK.

They won't give you cash back, but I am certain WalMart would do an exchange. I have never heard of a store giving cash back for an item returned without a receipt... especially if you say it was a gift.

I received cash back last week...I'm pretty sure it was a mistake, but I still got cash back....I was expecting a gift card because that's what I normally get. 

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imagekathrnn:

imageBeetleLinz1125:

I received cash back last week...I'm pretty sure it was a mistake, but I still got cash back....I was expecting a gift card because that's what I normally get. 

You returned unopened formula to WalMart, without a receipt, and got cash back?

• Target will, but you get the sale price, and store credit. They are also required to throw the formula away instead of putting it back on the shelves.

I tried to return Enfamil Newborn and buy Infant... completely unopened packages, asked at 3 different stores. All said the same thing- they would have to throw the formula away.

• imagekathrnn:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imagekathrnn:

imageBeetleLinz1125:

You returned unopened formula to WalMart, without a receipt, and got cash back?

No, it was not formula.  I returned diapers without a reciept and got cash back.  I'm sorry if anyone thought it was formula. 

• imagenormajeane6126:
    IDK about exchanging, but Wal-Mart does NOT take returns without receipts for formula, because it's a WIC item.

This.  I tried to return a can last week because pedi said to use a different kind, and they would do the exchange but not a refund because of WIC/SNAP.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGatorney:

imagenormajeane6126:
    IDK about exchanging, but Wal-Mart does NOT take returns without receipts for formula, because it's a WIC item.

This.  I tried to return a can last week because pedi said to use a different kind, and they would do the exchange but not a refund because of WIC/SNAP.

Same here. I couldn't do all of my shopping at once either. I had to immediately go get the new formula so they could process the exchange right then and then go finish my shopping. It's sad that there are people who abuse the system bad enough that stores are forced to do this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage.
  • Walmart would NOT take back my formula. I thought I had a receipt, but maybe I didn't. As I remember, they said they couldn't return any formula at all, and that no stores would.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't believe any store will because it's a wic item. There is a board on the bump called swap spot where you might be able to find someone to exchange formula with. HTH!

• i returned formula to Target without a receipt a few weeks ago, no problems

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• Babies R Us does.  I've done it.  They give you store credit.
  • I returned powder dreft without a receipt and got cash back.
  • But I'm also trying to exchange the powder formula
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"