Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Turner Syndrome

That's what caused my M/C. It happens in about 3% of conceptions, 99% of these conceptions miscarry, and Turner Syndrome is responsible for 15% of all miscarriages. Basically, it's a missing sex chromosome - the baby only has one X chromosome rather than two X or one X, one Y. So technically, it was a girl.

I am still nervous about my eggs, but I guess this does make me feel a little better. The chances of the same chromosomal defect reoccurring are low, it's not hereditary, etc. Guess I'm just lucky.

Re: Turner Syndrome

• Options
    I'm glad you got some answers Dip, and that you are feeling a little better about things. Big hugs as you and your H decide what to do next. We love you and are here for you!!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I too am glad you got answers- I hope it helps you with whatever decision you make about moving forward. Sending lots of love your way

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am glad you got some answers, I wish you didnt have to, and not that it makes it any easier.

you are always in my thoughts.

xo 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options

Wow, that was quick turnaround. I'm glad you know and you have some stats to work with.

((HUGS))

• Options

you got some info fast.  HUGS to you.   How are you doing?  Are you hanging in there?  Need me to bring you anything?   Just say the word. 

(ohashlet's 1st baby (on BOTB) had that)

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    Glad you got some answers.  (((hugs)))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options
    Dip I'm glad they were able to get answers for you.  I have been thinking of you, how are you doing?   We are here for you!!  ((HUGS))
  • Options
    I am glad you got answers, but I am so sorry it happened to you.
  • Options
    I'm glad you got an answer. I hope you're resting up and know that we're all thinking of you. ((hugs))
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    I am glad you got an answer. Hope you are feeling a bit better. 
    TTC#1
    DX Hypothyroid,Prolactinoma, Annovulatory Cycles, Celiac, Lichen,IBS, Severe Allergies ETC>>
    M/C 1/2011
    May 2011 Clomid 50mg +Ovidrel-BFN
    June 2011 HSG, DH SA Both Normal
    Sept 2011 C/P
    Sep 2011 IUI w/Frozen Sperm, progesterone therapy
  • Options
    Glad you got some answers. Always know that we are here if you need anythng. ((HUGS))
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies. I'm hanging in there. I feel incredibly "lucky" - all I can think is why? Why us? But it is good to know that this wasn't caused by my old ass eggs. I guess I should feel lucky, since we were able to find out what happened. So many people have miscarriages and never know why. I also guess I should feel lucky that we did taste success to keep us going. If this last IVF had been a bfn, we would be done, but now we are going to keep going.

It's only money, right?

I have my moments, but I barely cried today. And I slept a full night last night, which is good. Not sure how I am going to survive work next week, when I feel like the ground has been pulled out from under me. I guess you get used to it.

• Options
    I'm glad you got some answers. That was quick results! (((HUGS))) my friend. Hang in there, and I hope you start to feel better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

ditto everyone else.  xoxo

• Options
    imagepmarie33:

ditto everyone else.  xoxo

{{hugs}}
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Options

I'm glad you were able to get some answers so quickly but it sucks that you needed them at all. 

BIG (((HUGS)))  Thinking of you while you decide what to do next.

• Options

I'm glad you have some answers, Dip.  

FWIW my mom's youngest sister had Turners; I knew it was pretty rare but had no idea of the 99% m/c rate.  She didn't live into adulthood but was also born in the 60s & when the doctors wanted to institutionalize her & her twin brother) my grandma refused.  I never met her but just wanted to let you know it can happen to anyone; my grandma went on to have another healthy pregnancy thereafter.

((hugs)) to you

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"