TTC after 35

Pregnancy after tubal reversal

Any of you trying to conceive following a tubal reversal??
Charityhwe :)

Re: Pregnancy after tubal reversal

• Yep!  I had my reversal 1/18/10, got pregnant 2/2010 and miscarried (ectopic) in 3/2010.  I've had an HSG, my tubes are wide open and flush well.  Just hadn't perfected the timing of TTC yet I guess.  I was left with 5 cm on left and right.
  • so, you are still trying to conceive?   :-( 
    Charityhwe :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecharityhwe:
    so, you are still trying to conceive?   :-( 

yes we're TTC, although we've moved on to the not so obsessed TTC and more like the not preventing anything TTC.  It's emotionally draining after awhile and we didn't want to damage our relationship TTC.

• I had my tubal reversal about a month ago, 3/11/11.  My period is currently two days late.  Just took a test...negative.  Planning on giving it a few more days and testing again if AF doesn't show up.  Fingers crossed...
  • I had my tubes reversed on 2/4/11.  I was told to wait for at least 2 regular menstrual cycles before even trying.  My period comes every 26 days like clockwork and resumed that way following the surgery.  

We began trying the middle of April.  My period was supposed to come on April 25 so I took one of those first response tests that "claim" you can test as early as 6 days before your missed period, so I took a test on April 22 and it was negative :( But then, April 25 came and went with no start of my period (like I said, my period comes every 26 days on the dot!)  So, On April 26, I took a 2nd pregnancy test and it was positive :) !

I has my HCG and progesterone levels drawn that weekend and the HCG increased 60+% like it was supposed to and my progesterone level was at 20.

Because of the increased risk of a tubal pregnancy, I had my 1st vaginal ultrasound on May 6th.  It showed the gestational sac and that's it, no yolk sac, fetal pole or heartbeat!  My measurements showed I was actually only 4 weeks along when I should really be 5 1/2 weeks along!  My 2nd ultrasound is next week on May 13.  

They said my "dates" may be off since we don't actually know my "fertile" dates every month (I didn't do any ovulation tests). Worse case scenario, I could have a pregnancy that's failing :( or I could possibly still have a tubal pregnancy with separation of the gestational sac!  So...I'm trying to stay positive but its so hard not to think about the worst case scenarios!!!!!!

~Mindi~ 

~Mindi~
  • I had my TR on 6/16/11.  They said wait until AF comes again and then we can try.  I am already excited to start trying. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Can I ask a question?  Did your doc say it was ok to TTC right after your reversal?  My doc said wait until AF, but I have read some people say their docs said 2 cycles.  Then again, my doc told us about a couple you conceived in the hospital after the surgery and he didn't give us any warnings about waiting or anything.  I hate to wait....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello Ladies,

I'm a 36 yr. old wife & mom of three chldren (12, 9 & 3).  Three years ago I had my tubes tied as I felt confident at the time that I didn't want anymore children; now here I am 3yrs. later desiring a little one again so I'm presently looking into having a TR done.

I see that some of you have already had your reversal done and I was wondering what Dr. or Facility you went to for the services & how was the process for you. I live in CA but am willing to travel to go to a good doctor.  If you can provide your details I would greatly appreciate it.

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my tubes reversed in Nov 2011 and I'm not pregnant yet :( Im starting to get frustrated.  It is playing a major mind game with me bc I have 3 children and it was too easy to get pregnant with them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"