Parenting
Options

Any creative ideas for storing liquor?

Trying to figure out something to hang on the wall or something. I want to keep it out of reach of my kids, so right now it's in a closet in the basement, but I'm thinking something up on the wall, out of their reach would work to. I like the idea of the picture below, but am thinking that might make me look like an alcoholic LOL

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45

Re: Any creative ideas for storing liquor?

• Options
    How many bottles?  Are you looking to have it in your kitchen or another area?  My first storage idea was my stomach!  Smile
  • Options

If I had a bar that would be perfect- I would get all matchy botle and xfer the booze to make it purty :o)

NMS for the kitchen, though.

~Lisa
    Mum to Owen and Lucas Daisypath Wedding tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have this collapsible bar thingie, hard to describe, but is has a locked cabinet in it where we keep the liquor.

Now how in the world we're going to childproof our kegerator is another mystery.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    Probably my kitchen. I'd say 6-8 bottles probably. 2 kinds of vodka, 2 kinds of rum, gin, vermouth and what other randomness I have at the time.
  • Options

hide that shiit away. alcohol is not pleasant decor!

put a lock on the cabinet if you think your kids will get into it.

that wall mount thing pretty much only works in a frat house.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageEdithBouvierBeale:

hide that shiit away. alcohol is not pleasant decor!

put a lock on the cabinet if you think your kids will get into it.

that wall mount thing pretty much only works in a frat house.

Any actual useful suggestions? I didn't say I was going to display it ffs, that is why I asked for storage suggestions, I just want it more accessible than a closet in my basement but still out of reach of my kids. Since apparently it wasn't obvious by the "LOL" I was kidding about the the picture above.

• Options
    I personally like it and if I had a large walkin pantry like my sister, I'd get several of those hanging in there..Drinks
    image Alcoholism is not determined by how much you drink or how often, but by negative consequences in your life that do not alter your drinking habits.
  • Options
    Freezer?  That's where we keep our vodka.  I'm not sure about other liquors, though.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    We keep ours in the cupboard that is above the fridge.  It's completely out of reach (I have to get a stool to get to it) so it's not good for much else.
    DS1 5/2010, DS2 11/2012
  • Options

imagejust.a.lurker:
    We keep ours in the cupboard that is above the fridge.  It's completely out of reach (I have to get a stool to get to it) so it's not good for much else.

Yep, same here.

ETA: If I didn't have a high, out of reach cabinet I'd probably just put it on top of the fridge. 

Gotta agree with EBB though: hide it away, don't display it! 

• Options

Wait, you don't have the liquor cupboard?  You know, the one above the fridge.  That's where everyone keeps their liquor!  LOL

Seriously though, everyone I know keeps their liquor either in the cabinet above their fridge or the one directly to the left of it (which is where ours is).

You need to clean out one of your high cupboards and keep it there.  :)

• Options

Jodi, I thought the same thing..  That's where I keep casserole dishes and stuff I don't use because I can't reach up there.  The liquor we keep in the hallway closet within our quick reach - high enough that DS can't reach it without a stool - but if he really wanted too, I suppose he could get it.  But why do the hardstuff when the keg pretty much handi-accessible.   DS has no interest in liquor or beer, so we're not marking the bottles or weighing the keg yet.

Just a few things to consider...Some liquor bottles are not as well constructed as others, so be careful if you plan to lie them down, as some will leak over time (especially the sticky ones).   Make sure to put your coffee and cream based liquors in the front and use them, as they expire and get rancid.  Don't put liquor in a different container unless you are just topping one of the same.

They sell mini-cabinets that double as a side/corner table....

David "BD" 2/8/07 Spencer 9/12/11
  • Options
    I'll add, I have an EXTREMELY small galley style kitchen, so cabinet space is at a premium. I don't have cabinets over top of the fridge, and the top of the fridge itself is where I store cereals, crackers and other snack type foods. I was just keeping the bottles on top of the microwave, but aside from the fact that I don't like it being within reach of the kids, it just wasn't aesthetically pleasing. I do have plenty of wall space in the kitchen which is why I was thinking some sort of wall storage, closed or open, it doesn't really matter, but I don't want the liquor as a focus of my decor. I just want somewhere to store it that is easily accessible, not hideous and mounts on the wall.
  • Options
    I keep mine in the freezer. 
  • Options
    Mine is in a top corner in our pantry. 
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options

This is how we have been managing things thus far... Suppose when we move, we need to work on something different. ;)

Just kidding.  We don't have a basketball goal! 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

pantry?

Cabinet? 

Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Do you have room in your dining room for a bar? Ours is from Z Gallerie but it's identical to this one. https://www.crateandbarrel.com/organizing-and-storage/wine-bars-wine-cabinets/steamer-bar-cabinet/s586245 I like that it holds our glasses and accessories and doesn't display the booze like the ones with glass doors. We do need to figure out how to lock it before the kids get older, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"