Detroit Babies
Options

Henry Ford Macomb (19 Mile) - Formula ??

Hi ladies!

(please don't judge me - I can't breastfeed due to a breast reduction surgery I had several years ago)

Does anyone know what type of formula that Henry Ford Macomb on 19 Mile provides? Just trying to be prepared.

Thanks!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Re: Henry Ford Macomb (19 Mile) - Formula ??

• Options
    my sister just recently gave birth there. i'm not familiar with what they supply, but i'm sure you could class the L&D and ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't know that hospital specifically, but I delivered at Providence Park in Novi, and when my son was in NICU, they gave him Enfamil. I told them I had a stockpile of Similac at home, so they switched him. They had both stocked. They alternate brands.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No worries nobody is judging you and nobody should judge you.  My friend delivered there back in May and I remember her using Enfamil but ....I would imagine they have both Similac and Enfamil =)
  • Options
    I'm not sure either, but if you still don't know for sure I can update you after I get induced there on Thursday or earlier if he decides he wants to come out on his own :)
  • Options
    Are you looking to start buying formula? I would hold off until after the baby comes. You never know how he/she will react to a certain formula or how you'll even like it. Both my kids did ok on regular formula in the beginning and then ended up switching to a sensitive. Many people I know seem to have ended up needing to switch at some point
  • Options
    I took a birthing class there. They send us home with Similac and Enfamil. And when I had Hunter last Sept, they did the same. So I did BF/EP, but had samples in case I needed it. At least enough to get through a few days, including some ready to feed stuff.
    DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • Options
    Not for sure, but I would think some hospitals may have a couple different brands.  You could always call up there and ask.  I had my boys at Crittenton but When I had ds2,  He was nursing non stop, and my boobs needed a break and I asked for some formula and they gave me a choice of what I wanted to give him. So i'd just give them a call, Im sure many women have done the same.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

imageMrsRenee:
    Are you looking to start buying formula? I would hold off until after the baby comes. You never know how he/she will react to a certain formula or how you'll even like it. Both my kids did ok on regular formula in the beginning and then ended up switching to a sensitive. Many people I know seem to have ended up needing to switch at some point

No, just trying to get prepared/sign up for coupons (I ended up signing up on Gerber/Enfamil/Similac). We have a Costco membership so I was trying to price things out too. And I'm already making lists and things like that.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options
    We loved the Target Up and Up formula.  We were using Similac until they had a recall . 
  • Options
    Late to the party but it's honestly whatever the pharmaceutical reps gave them. My LO actually got both similac and enfamil at RO Beaumont. We asked them to switch to similac because mil works for Abbott.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    imageMrsRenee:
    this! Plus the Target brand is cheaper, lol! ;)
  • Options
    They offered us Similac, Enfamil or GoodStart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"