Health & Exercise

WW online?

A quick background: I've always struggled with my weight. I was on some medication after college that contributed to me gaining almost 40 pounds. About four years ago, I had lost about 15 pounds of that on my own and then lost another 17 with WW. That was right around the time I got married. After the wedding, I gained about 7-8 back and stayed steady at that weight until I got pregnant, when I lost a few pounds, then gained quite a few, for a total of about 28 above my pre-pregnancy weight.

After my daughter was born, I lost most of the weight. I was breastfeeding and then trained for a half-marathon relay, and I ended up at my wedding weight again. But then it got hot in Florida, and I haven't been running as much on the treadmill as I was outside when I was training. I'm only nursing DD once a day, so a lot of the breastfeeding calories are gone, too. I'm back up to my pre-pregnancy weight (which isn't awful, just about 10-15 pounds heavier than my goal weight). I work out 3-4 times a week, have been trying to track my calories/activity with myfitnesspal, and I'm not seeing a lot of results. I'm having trouble being consistent, too - I track for a few days and then a miss day, which turns in to three or four, and then I feel like I'm starting from scratch every other week.

I've been thinking about doing WW online. When I did the program before and attended meetings, it was just core and flex points - no points plus or anything like that. I'm just not sure the online program would be worth the investment. I'm starting a new job in a few weeks, and working full-time plus spending time with DD and DH doesn't leave much time to attend meetings.

Sooooo, I guess that's my long version of asking for suggestions and/or feedback on WW online :) TIA, ladies!

Re: WW online?

• WW does work and used it after I had DD however I gained the weight back after my session with them was over. I have found a product that tastes great and have kept the weight off. I have more energy then I have ever had and feel wonder!!! They are nutritional shakes and they taste wonderful!

www.506234.bodybyvi.com

Good luck!!! 

• I have been doing WW online for 2 weeks now.  The first week I lost 1.6 lbs, but then I gained some the next week!  Very frustrating, but I love the program and am determined to keep it up.  I never used the original points system so I have no comparison for you there. 

PointsPlus seems like a great system.  It is very flexible and easy to find out the points of "regular"  food.  I feel like I can have treats every day if I want...although that may be why I gained last week :)  I'm actually thinking it was poor food choices the night before my weigh-in.  At any rate, the fact that I'm paying to use the system keeps me tracking!!  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"