Postpartum Depression
Options

I can't stop obsessing.

I'm not quite sure if this is PPD or PPA but I can't seem to stop obsessing that something might be wrong with my baby. I'm constantly googling things, thinking something might be wrong. For Pete's sake I was searching symptoms for Down Syndrome when it's *impossible* that she has it!

I don't feel like I'm in a panic but I'll be on the computer, maybe checking facebook and then I'll open up a new window and start typing in symptoms and there I go. I've talking to my husband about it and he just wants me to stop worrying and seems so carefree about everything. I just don't know how to stop worrying.

I went to see someone about PPD a few weeks ago and they told me to wait it out and see if it gets worse but I'm BFing and don't want to get on medication. 

Anyone else?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I can't stop obsessing.

• Options

It's possible that you might be somewhere on the PPD spectrum.  From what I've read, it's not just depression but can include anxiety attacks and OCD symptoms too.

If it's already been a few weeks and you are still looking for help, go back and talk about it again.  There are some medications that are safe for BF (I started on Zoloft), but if you are against any medication, it'd be good to start looking into therapists or support groups.

Let us know how it goes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I try to stop by here from time to time, because this is where I first read about PPA and OCD, which is when I decided to get help. That was four months ago. It is totally normal to worry about your baby, particularly when they are new, but if it's bothering you enough to think something is wrong or if you're recognizing some things on those PP checklists, you might be having some anxiety that needs to be addressed. It's not as rare as you might think. I'd only heard about PPD, but they are realizing anxiety is really, really common in new moms.  PM me if you (or anyone with questions about PPA or OCD) want to talk more about it.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"