High-Risk Pregnancy

What makes you high risk?

At my doctors office saw a nurse practitioner because my doctor was out of the office.

I was in the early stages of miscarriage and she told me I was high risk, but never elaborated on it. I am 34 and diabetic. Is that the reason? What other factors make you high risk? I don't ever want to go through this again.

Re: What makes you high risk?

• I am considered high risk simply because I'm having twins but I also know a lot of women who are on here are high risk because of gestational diabetes, or a previous pregnancy where they went into preterm labor or had recurring miscarriages. 
    PCOS IVF#1= BFN IVF#2= BFP with twin boys due 11/26/11 Bed rest as of 25 weeks due to contractions Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was told i was high risk because IVF and miscarriage
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Funneling past cervix; had emergent cervix at 20 weeks. Am now on bedrest until he comes (i am also a cancer survivor and have severe pcos... was told between vigorous chemotherapy and cysts, that id never conceive naturally)
  • There are so many things that can make you high risk in preg. Incompatent cervix, over 35 yrs, diabeties, subchron hemor., placenta previa, blood clotting disorders, preterm labor, prev miscar., anything wrong with the baby or you list can go on
  • I'm considered high risk because I have ITP - a low platelet blood disorder.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lots of things can make you high risk and to varying degrees.  I'm high risk because I'm a Type 1 diabetic, I have pre-existing high blood pressure, I've had numerous pregnancy losses and I have a few clotting disorders. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am only high risk because I'm a type 1 diabetic. I don't believe I should be high risk, but the doctors think I need to be classified as such. It's not been a bad thing though since they have kept a close eye on me; the only thing that has annoyed me is the constant doc appts taking me away from work because I know what's going on and know how to handle things but I appreciate the docs helping in case I do have questions. I'd say to not worry about it and do your best with all of it. It's well worth it. Big Smile
  • 2 preterm births one at 35 weeks and another at 22 weeks
  • I'm considered high risk because my first child was born (late) preterm at 36 weeks exactly + I was hospitalized for preterm labor at 30 weeks with my second child, then put on bed rest and contraction-stopping meds for 6 weeks. Also, during that time my daughter was diagnosed IUGR. I was induced at 37 weeks exactly with her. So basically, this time they're keeping a SUPER close eye on me.  
  • imagekristak53:
    I am only high risk because I'm a type 1 diabetic. I don't believe I should be high risk, but the doctors think I need to be classified as such. It's not been a bad thing though since they have kept a close eye on me; the only thing that has annoyed me is the constant doc appts taking me away from work because I know what's going on and know how to handle things but I appreciate the docs helping in case I do have questions. I'd say to not worry about it and do your best with all of it. It's well worth it. Big Smile

same for me.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am considered High Risk because I had a some at 24 wks who lived a day, had contractions and everything, but he is an angel in heaven now, after him were the twins twin a was lost at 17 weeks no contactions...i actually pushed my amniotic sac out saw a little balloon and wondered what it was...it's funny to think of it now, but it was very scary at the time. Twin B I lost at 22 weeks.

They say that my cervix is incompetent, and that's what causes me to lose early.  I think many factors depending on the person can cause you to be high risk.

Hope all is getting better with you.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am considered high risk because I am a Type2 Diabetic and I am 35, soon to be 36.
  • I am high risk b/c DD2 was born at 33 wk 5d from spontaneous PTL (I had no problems or complication until that day) and now I am pregnant with twins.

Right now I am just lurking here to get an idea of what may come my way

• With my last one, preterm labor followed by repeated pregnancy loss.

Don't know yet what I'll be considered for this one.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • I'm so sorry. 

I am high risk because I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens Syndrome and a couple of specific test results showed that I have some risk of placenta aging too early or baby having heart block.

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"