Pregnant after 35
Options

Hi Gang! HELP!!

I have to say it is so wonderful to have a board like this.  After 1 1/5 yrs of trying we are late..... HPT tomorrow morning.  All this time of trying and not trying and basically giving up and here we are. **fingers and feet tapping**

But this time I am so nervous and scared.  Just turned 41 in July and am frightened that this may not be a good idea.   I am a billion miles away from family and friends and really am feeling the pressure of being alone should this be the case. I am thinking it is also because BF and I are having some issues and the timing may not be good at all.      Is this normal?     HELP!!!  :( 

Linda

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hi Gang! HELP!!

• Options

I was 31 when DS1 was born and I will be 35 with this little nugget is born.  I think the concern, anxiety, worry happen to every family.  Maybe the reasons are different, but we all feel it regardless of age.

I know half a dozen women who had beautiful healthy babies after 40, and they're fantastic mothers.  Mature, patient, wise, really wonderful mothers. 

• Options

If there's one thing I did not anticipate about pregnancy, it was the unbelievable capacity I have for worrying. It's totally normal (it seems from these boards!) to flip out a little. Here's the thing: The timing is never really perfect. DH and I aren't even living in the same city right now (not separated, just having to live apart for 5 months). I'm 35, and although I really don't consider that to be old, there's always that sense that 35 is some magic number where everything becomes perilous (though I know that's bs). My family and friends are all over the country, and anyway, we're not telling them yet, so no support there at this time. BUT I have to believe the timing is perfect, because there he or she is! A healthy little peanut with a beating heart! All of those other concerns melt away when I think about that. 

I don't know if that helps, but anyway, yes, it's normal, and no matter what the timing you will work it all out and it will be wonderful. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Everything will be just fine!

I'm 43, and we might not even be done.  I admit, it's really hard with no family and friends around, but it's still worth it.  Also, your issues with your BF might be exacerbated by the horrible, awful first trimester, so if you can, I vote you guys promise each other not to threaten or do anything drastic regarding your relationship for at least another three or four months.  

Seriously, you're in a hormone storm, don't let yourself succumb to thinking too hard about anything right now!  Good luck! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Ahhhh Thanks so much guys!  :)   I took the test and I couldn't even look.  I made him see the results HEHE  Oh ya we are positive!  And now that I see the results I am actually getting excited :)   We lost one a year ago in Feb that was hard but we agreed to try to not try so to speak ;) 

So yes our little miracle will be on it's way with my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well.    Just so much to take in as my youngest is now 13.  Wow time flies! So much to look at now and I am loving it!  :)  

I have decided to keep the positive note about this and he keeps asking me why I am so giddy!  Well HELLO!!  What isn't there to be happy about? :)  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"