Attachment Parenting
Options

Went to a babywearing group meeting

...and found out that DD HATES them ALL. The Ergo, ring slings, woven wraps, mei tais, everything they had to try she hated and squeeled. Sad so much for babywearing. I am glad I got to try them and learn that she hated it before I spent any money on anything.

Re: Went to a babywearing group meeting

• Options
    How old's your LO?  If you really want to babywear I definitely wouldn't let one attempt get you down.  Lots of new people around, you were likely tense trying new carriers, etc...  I always had to keep moving (a labor ball was my best friend for months) and DD had to be in the right mood at the beginning, but now she loves it.
  • Options
    She is 10 weeks old, and around 15lbs. We've also tried a couple of slings and the moby at home, and its usually the same thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this same exact experience with my first! Except he LOVED the bjorn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She loves my shoulder lol
  • Options
    She might grow into it! I wouldn't give up if I were you. BW'ing can be so convenient especially if you have a baby who loves to be held. When DD was little little, we loved the Moby, but I had to be moving and she would cry as I was putting her in, then settle in and usually go to sleep
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought a Hotsling pouch sling second hand. She will tolerate it for 15 or 20minutes. She likes to be tight in it. I want something a little more back friendly.
  • Options
    Your baby sounds like DD2. I gave up on the Moby early on. DD2 just wanted to be held up over my shoulder so she could look around. At 6 months, we bought the Ergo, and it was great for hikes and for our vacation. I still use it sometimes if she falls asleep, and I want to try to transfer her and keep her napping while I shop or something. Mostly she wants to be running instead. Or she wants to be held for 2-3 minutes and then get down to look around and then be held again. My arms can handle that.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

Pretty much. She likes being able to look around. The Hotsling Kangaroo carry has her looking out to the world. I guess the rest of the carriers have her staring at my chest. The Hotsling works for like 20 minutes at a time at the most then she goes to my shoulder. Not the right one, she doesn't like that either, only the left. How wierd.

• Options
    imagemadelinemurski606:

Pretty much. She likes being able to look around. The Hotsling Kangaroo carry has her looking out to the world. I guess the rest of the carriers have her staring at my chest. The Hotsling works for like 20 minutes at a time at the most then she goes to my shoulder. Not the right one, she doesn't like that either, only the left. How wierd.

If she likes the kangaroo carry then you might buy (or rent) a ring sling and try it a few times before giving up. Again that is only over one shoulder though. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think that your LO is a little to young for back carries right now but if she likes to look around a high back carry in a wrap or a MT might be a great option for you when she is a little older.

• Options

imageSinafey:
    How old's your LO?  If you really want to babywear I definitely wouldn't let one attempt get you down.  Lots of new people around, you were likely tense trying new carriers, etc...  I always had to keep moving (a labor ball was my best friend for months) and DD had to be in the right mood at the beginning, but now she loves it.

This!  I know that lots of people will disagree with this, but I'm going to put it out there:  My thought is that no baby truly dislikes being worn, but may dislike how (s)he's being worn.  In other words, if it's new for your LO, then try it when she's already happy, not hungry & got a clean diaper.  Then move around--walk or bounce.  Also, try using the carrier in a way that mimics the position that you carry her in-arms. Finally, like Sinafey said:  LOs can sense that a parent is nervous or tense.

I know it's just my opinion and that lots of people will say that their experience is that their LO hated being worn.

I think that babywearing will work for you and your LO...if you're willing to try again.

• Options
    duplicate
  • Options

imagemadelinemurski606:

Ahh!  This might be the answer.  You can do a burp-position carry in a wrap.  I'll see if I can find you a tute.

Here's a tute for a burp-position carry in a ring sling.  It looks crazy 'cause she's using the RS upside, down, but I've heard that mommas have successfully used this method.  It looks strange to me, but still safe.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQ4jmXHHTU

• Options
    C-Charm you are a babywearing genius.  I shall try this and report lol
  • Options
    imageC-Charm:

imagemadelinemurski606:

Ahh!  This might be the answer.  You can do a burp-position carry in a wrap.  I'll see if I can find you a tute.

Here's a tute for a burp-position carry in a ring sling.  It looks crazy 'cause she's using the RS upside, down, but I've heard that mommas have successfully used this method.  It looks strange to me, but still safe.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQ4jmXHHTU

Awesome video link C-Charm!  I am going to have to pass this along to a couple friends who just had LOs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Here you go, momma:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znb1WueyAh4  It's a FCC for a burp position.

I'm gonna put this in another post to make sure you see it.  I hope it works for you! Please let us know.

• Options

imagemadelinemurski606:
    C-Charm you are a babywearing genius.  I shall try this and report lol

You're too generous.  There's no genius here...just an obsessive need to remember (or otherwise bookmark) everyone else's genius that has been helpful to me.

• Options
    My LO (8 months) usually screams when I put him in but he settles down and enjoys it. I think if you ever intend to hold LO you might as well wear LO. They'll get used to it! GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"