Philadelphia Babies

**ericanandy**

I would PM you, but I never check my messages and would forget to check if you PM'ed me back.

Quick question about the pedi's you recommended.I used Pennridge Peds in Sellersville when I was down here in the spring visiting my mom.  DD had a raging fever and turns out it was her first ear infection.  They were nice at that office, but didn't know how the Harleysville office differed from that.  How many docs do they have in the Harleysville office?

I totally understand what you mean about not wanting your child to be a number.  For that reason alone, I would lean more heavily towards Just 4 Kids.  I like the alterate vacc sechedule (we are already kinda on one from our previous pedi in NY).  How big of a practice is Just 4 kids?

Sorry if I'm asking lots of questions....DH's insurance for his new job kicks in tomorrow and I really need to get DD in for her 15 month well visit.  I'm already overdue.  Thanks so much!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: **ericanandy**

• Hi!

There are 9 doctors and 1 NP at Pennridge. Each time you go to the office there are either 2 or 3 on duty. (If it's 3 it's the one NP) I dont *think* you can make an appt with a certain dr. (That's a part that annoys me) Maybe if you had an issue? But well visits you make an appt for a date. You can see if Dr. X works on Monday and then hope he/she is one of the ones you get of the 2 on duty. (again makes me feel like a number) 

We went to the Sellersville office once when DS had a bad virus and breathing issues. IMO that office was 10 times nicer! (It was 7 pm when we called and they were almost closed and we live 30 minutes from that office, but they were soooo accommodating)

The office staff at Harleysville is always: Welcome, fill this out, go sit. Not aw look at your cute baby....... which sounds dumb, but seriously it's a pediatricians office you think they'd at least pretend to aw!

I haven't been yet to Just 4 Kids, but I know there are 2 doctors there, both women.

So I can only speak about Just 4 Kids in regards to rec's from friends. But I'm really looking forward to a smaller office. Hopefully they at least PRETEND to remember my kid. LOL

(Oh and Pennridge I didn't ask for a delayed schedule, so I'm not sure they'd be anti delayed.  They did push off a few that didn't need to be done exactly at X months. Example: One could be done at 12 or 15 mos, so they said, let's wait until 15 mos because he is already getting two other shots today)

HTH! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"