Toddlers: 24 Months+

Day 1 of 3 Day Potty Training is a fail

Please tell me it will get better. She doesn't have issues about sitting on the toilet but has yet to actually pee on it. She waits until I turn my back for a few seconds then let's it gush out on the floor. I have heard other people say it just clicks on day 2 or 3. Was their first day an utter fail too?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Day 1 of 3 Day Potty Training is a fail

• Day 1 was awful, Day 2 was worse, Day 3 I thought I would lose my mind and we ALMOST threw in the towel. Thank goodness we didn't because Day 4 it totally clicked and he has been pt'd ever since.  Seriously. Stick with it.
  • day 1 was no fun. Hang in there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If you know that she waits until your back is turned then be ready for it/don't go far.Once you notice she's going the floor catch her mid-flow and get her on the potty. If any pee actuallygets in the potty make a HUGE deal about it! Hopefully after a couple times of that it'll click. Keep at it!
  • Thanks ladies. I don't want to give up. I just want to know that it will eventually click. I know she is capable of doing it. I am hoping Day 2 or 3 will be better.
  • imagedaisies0406:
    If you know that she waits until your back is turned then be ready for it/don't go far.Once you notice she's going the floor catch her mid-flow and get her on the potty. If any pee actuallygets in the potty make a HUGE deal about it! Hopefully after a couple times of that it'll click. Keep at it!

YEP!  DH and I split duties so that one of us was doing NOTHING but watching her.  Late on the 2nd day she sat down on the potty and peed, 3rd and 4th days were 50%, and by the 5th day we were golden (as far as the pee goes, that is - poop was an entirely different story.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just wanted to say, I'm with ya. DD has done nothing but go on the floor or in her undies (when she is wearing them) I am hoping tomorrow (day 2) will be better! Good Luck!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• You got further than me...by lunch DS was back in diapers.  I couldn't take cleaning up anymore pee.  Two ladies I work with just did it, one with twins and they all said it clicked by day 4.  Good Luck!  I hope to try in the next few months again...when I'm ready ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSportyChic24:
    I just wanted to say, I'm with ya. DD has done nothing but go on the floor or in her undies (when she is wearing them) I am hoping tomorrow (day 2) will be better! Good Luck!!

That is DD exactly.  DD asked for a diaper but I told her no.  I am hoping tomorrow is better.  Are you going to have her sleep in her undies?  I am hating the idea of changing all of her bedding because I know it will be wet in the morning.

• imagelawry13:

imageSportyChic24:
    I just wanted to say, I'm with ya. DD has done nothing but go on the floor or in her undies (when she is wearing them) I am hoping tomorrow (day 2) will be better! Good Luck!!

That is DD exactly.  DD asked for a diaper but I told her no.  I am hoping tomorrow is better.  Are you going to have her sleep in her undies?  I am hating the idea of changing all of her bedding because I know it will be wet in the morning.

I put her in pullups (the cool alert ones) for nap and bedtime. DD actually helped me put away all the diapers (downstairs in the storage room) She did tell me that she wanted her diaper but I just told her she don't wear those anymore and that we put them away. I did go to BRU and buy the potty watch and she pretty much likes it - the 3rd time it went off she said oh oh thats my potty and went to sit on her toilet - but only for 30 seconds but it was progress.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"