Central Florida Babies
Options

Part time care for infants?!?

Does anyone know of any daycare in the area that does part time care? I work from home two days a week and go into the office three days. I can't afford to pay $200 a week for just three days of care. But I also can't seem to find anywhere that offers part time infant care. Please someone tell me you know of somewhere and would recommend them!!!!

Re: Part time care for infants?!?

• Options
    Tons of places offer part time care but I don't think any of them are 200 a week.  Pretty much every single daycare center I looked at was around 1000 dollars a month for full time day care and I don't know how much less it would be for part time.  That said, Starchild, Ladybug Academy and Kids Together (I think?) offer part time care.  Sign up well in advance because spots fill months ahead.  
  • Options

I have contacted Starchild and Kids Together. Neither of them offer part time infant care. I am still waiting to hear back from Ladybird Academy.

You said there are tons of places but I can't find any. Can you give me the names of more you know of?

Where exactly are you looking that is going to cost you $1000/month? It looks as thought most daycares in the area are about $200 a week (give or take depending on location). The most expensive one I have found so far is the JCC in Maitland at $230/week plus $85 month membership. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eyecndi,
    I don't have any help for you... but I just had to comment that you are 55 weeks pregnant! It caught me off guard when I first saw it until I realized it just wasn't updated! Oh my - pregnant for 13 months! Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have the same issue with part time care, we only need M,W,TH

seems if you need more than two days you pay for the week

problem for the daycare centers is they cant fill your spot the other two days

so they charge.  DH and i just settled on paying for the week just in case we are called into work for an emergency issue we have a place to drop DD

I?d love to find somewhere that would give us part time but we?ve had no luck

Oh and avg. on the SW side of town is 215wk for under a year

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• Options
    ucp is good one
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

https://www.starchildlakemary.com/price.pdf

When we visited Starchild, they asked us if we wanted part time or full time so I assume they offer part time.  Perhaps they just didn't have availability at the time you called.  They fill up really quick for full time so I imagine its quicker for part time.  We looked at a  bunch of places in Lake Mary and they all averaged around 225 to 240 a week so roughly a little under a thousand a month.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"