New to this board, dd starts preschool next week, help me get ready — The Bump
Pre-School

New to this board, dd starts preschool next week, help me get ready

We need to find a lunch box/bag and thermos and containers for dds lunch. I want something with ice packs to keep cold stuff cold. Can you show me links to what you have and like and where you got it. What containers do you put fruit and stuff in? Do you send reusable silverware? I will be shopping this weekend and want to know exactly what will work best. Thanks.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: New to this board, dd starts preschool next week, help me get ready

• We bought a Laptop Lunches lunchbox for DD when she went at 2yrs old.  It was pricey, but worth it.  It's a Bento container with a carry case you can slide an ice pack into.  It came with silverware and a book with meal ideas.  I love the little bento containers, and bought an extra set.  It'll last forever and it's been leakproof and durable.  You can google it.  I saw in in a store once- don't know where you live but it was an Earthfare grocery store in TN.  If you don't have Earthfare, it's like Fresh Market or Whole Foods.  You can also get them on amazon or ebay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought DD a Dora the Explorer book bag from Toys R Us and go the matching lunch bag for free (link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11766018).

Then I purchased a thermo on the side (Link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4350996).

She has a ton of containers at home with lids on them (got them from the Disney store when she was 1), so I use those for fruit and to hold sandwiches. I stick ice packs in the bottom on the lunch bag to keep the items cold.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We have several of these lunch boxes, and I love, love, love them because they are lightweight, actually keep food cold (w/ice pack), flexible, don't take up much room once they are empty, washable with laundry, breathes...I could go on a bit more if you wish.  Smile  They are cheaper at Walmart/Target though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards