1st Trimester

sea food??

hello im pregnant with my 1st baby im 6 weeks pregnant <3 and i was wondering is it ok to eat fully cooked  shirmp crab legs stuff like that... i have been craving it like no other since ive been pregnant but ive been to scared to eat it =( what do you guys think??
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: sea food??

• why would you be scared to eat fully cooked shrimp and crab? - just wondering.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's fine as long as there's no history of allergies to it.  I'm not a big seafood fan, but I have been eating the crab rangoon from the Chinese restaurant.  Although, I'm not really sure if that is REAL crab.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most questions, I'm gonna say ask your doctor to be safe. I only know there are certain fish pregnant women shouldn't eat because of mercury. But I don't know about shrimp, crab or lobster.

You could try googling it or something. But go to a medical site, not just like yahoo answers or something that regular people just post their thoughts on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've read that as long as you do not have it more than like twice a week it is okay. I would think if you have it every once in awhile and just make sure it is fully cooked then it would probably be fine:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks for responding ladys i wasnt sure cuz ive heard that your not sapoused to eat fish cuz of the mercury so i wasnt sure if that was the same for shrimp and stuff , also what is your guys input on buffets? is it ok to eat there alot of people say dont some people say its ok
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I personally do not like buffets and will not eat them. But that has nothing to do with being pregnant. Once, years and years ago, I saw a mom and her son walking the buffet and he kept touching all the food, and she didn't stop him. So that made me realize that people can touch, sneeze, cough, whatever and you're eating it. It just personally creeps me out.
  • yeah, im not a huge fan of normal buffets but there is this amazing chineas buffet where i live and ive been dieing to go but ive been nervous cuz of people touching it and then putting it back lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • As a Marylander, I think I might wither away and die if I couldn't eat crabs.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemommy2be2012xox:
    yeah, im not a huge fan of normal buffets but there is this amazing chineas buffet where i live and ive been dieing to go but ive been nervous cuz of people touching it and then putting it back lol

maybe if you go at lunch time when it's busy, they will put out fresh and you won't have to wait after alot of people have gone through. When we would go to a buffet cause my family liked it, we'd always go right at busy dinner time and they'd always be putting fresh stuff out so I felt safe LOL

• imageImThisBabysMom:

imagemommy2be2012xox:
    yeah, im not a huge fan of normal buffets but there is this amazing chineas buffet where i live and ive been dieing to go but ive been nervous cuz of people touching it and then putting it back lol

maybe if you go at lunch time when it's busy, they will put out fresh and you won't have to wait after alot of people have gone through. When we would go to a buffet cause my family liked it, we'd always go right at busy dinner time and they'd always be putting fresh stuff out so I felt safe LOL

yeah thats a good ideal they are normaly pretty packed at lunch time lol

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagesalt78:
    As a Marylander, I think I might wither away and die if I couldn't eat crabs.

Same!  I eat seafood, especially crabs, multiple times a week.

• imagemommy2be2012xox:
    sapoused

What is this word?

• https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm

I found this to be a good webiste to check out fish options, it tells you which are the higher mercury and lower ones.

• Fish and seafood are fine a few times a week.  Just avoid fish that is high in mercury like swordfish, mackerel, etc. 

Most of what I eat is fish and while I've cut down a bit, it is very good for you and hasn't given me any problems.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• imagesalt78:
    As a Marylander, I think I might wither away and die if I couldn't eat crabs.

This. 100%. The American Pregnancy link a PP posted is great. It tells you exactly what seafood is OK. For the record, Snow crab legs are my favorite thing in the world, and they're a "lower" mercury food. Yay! I believe shrimp is in the lowest category!

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• imageMoneypenny424:

Fish and seafood are fine a few times a week.  Just avoid fish that is high in mercury like swordfish, mackerel, etc. 

Most of what I eat is fish and while I've cut down a bit, it is very good for you and hasn't given me any problems.

ok =) im not a huge fish fan but sea food i could eat that all day lol

BabyFetus Ticker
  • You can't eat deep sea fish. Like Tuna, king fish and other big fish. But I would also be careful with the buffet, they are not very sanitary and you could get sick easily. If you weren't pregnant, buffets are ok. But they recommend not to eat buffet food.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imageTjIzzy2009:
    You can't eat deep sea fish. Like Tuna, king fish and other big fish. But I would also be careful with the buffet, they are not very sanitary and you could get sick easily. If you weren't pregnant, buffets are ok. But they recommend not to eat buffet food.

what about crab legs in the buffet?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"