C-sections

Scheduled C-section Sept. 12!

Surgery is at 5 am and he said I'll be out of recovery & in the room with baby by 7-7:30 am. He also said I'll be able to leave by Wednesday morning! Isn't that soon? I'm definitely not complaining because the 3-4 day hospital stay I was told I would have to make did not appeal to me at all. I just figured 2 nights was standard for vaginal delivery, not cesarean. Was your stay that short as well?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Scheduled C-section Sept. 12!

• Nope, both of my stays I was there 3 nights 4 days. This stay for me will be the same amount of time too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersimage Photobucket
  • It kind of worries me, I hope I'm physically ready to go after only 2 days.
  • Loading the player...
  • My stay was suppose to be 48 hrs. I had DD at 9:35pm Friday and they let me go home a few hours early Sunday around 6 pm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • I was there less than 48 hours. I was itching to leave, and my dr released me early because she's awesome. My hospital stay was less than stellar and I needed to get out of there for my sanity.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Oh good! So glad to hear others were released after only 2 days.
  • 4 days for both my kids. Your insurance normally covers up to 96 hours, so if need be, stay longer!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was there for a total of 5 1/2 days, but I didn't get my c-section until the beginning of day 3...so I was there for 3 nights for the c-section, and that is standard for my hospital! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I stayed the 4 days and didn't wanna leave lol. People taking care of you, bringing you food and the baby...nice.
  • My c/s was on a tuesday and I was offered to go home on Thursday but opted to stay one more night.  It was nice to have to not worry about meals and have ppl wait on you.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageneya28:
    I stayed the 4 days and didn't wanna leave lol. People taking care of you, bringing you food and the baby...nice.
    See mine was the total opposite. I didn't eat the hospital food, not that they even offered me any before my second say there. and my son was in my room with me the entire room. They offered for him to go to the nursery but I wouldn't allow it. And I had very good reason.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I ended up there 5 nights, BUT I was a special snowflake. I went into labor Monday morning, but didn't have DD until Tuesday morning, so that was one night. Then, I would have been released after 3 days, but on that 3rd day post partum, my blood pressure went through the roof, so they decided to monitor me for one more day.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I had A Friday at 1pm and was not realesed until 4pm on Tuesday. I ended up with an ilius(sp?) Sunday night and was pulled off solids again. I was put back on liquids and had to eat a meal and keep it down before being discharged.
  • 3 days. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was there 4 days.  The stay at my hospital for a c-section ranges from 2-5 days, depending on how well recovery is going.  My OB told me I could go home on day 3, but I wasn't ready.
  • imagecanthardlywait426:
    imageneya28:
    I stayed the 4 days and didn't wanna leave lol. People taking care of you, bringing you food and the baby...nice.
    See mine was the total opposite. I didn't eat the hospital food, not that they even offered me any before my second say there. and my son was in my room with me the entire room. They offered for him to go to the nursery but I wouldn't allow it. And I had very good reason.

My L&D and was awful at that hospital but for some odd reason the post natal care rocked. The food was great, the nurses showed up in seconds of being called. I wasn't allowed to bf for the first 2 days due to meds that weren't compatible w/ it (I pumped and dumped just to try to get a supply). DS was in the NICU for 3 of the 4 days so they only started bringing him to me for feedings on the last day. I figured I might as well try to get a little sleep before going home.

• p.s. actually I'm not even sure the food WAS great b/c by that point I hadn't eaten in 3 days so I think I was just excited to have food again. Still I remember getting home and things being super stressful (my mother took a week off is why) and I remember wishing I could've stayed at the hospital another day or two.
  • I stayed 3 nights. I could have stayed one more night and I wish I would have, you don't realize how nice the hospital bed is until you go home and try to get out of your bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We stayed 48 hours after delivery.  I could have stayed an extra day by my choice, but I wanted to go home.  I did get upset when I was being discharged because I wasn't sure I was ready, but it all worked out as my husband and parents were very supportive! (I was an emotional wreck for at least 2 weeks but believe that was just baby blues and FTM panicking)
  • DS was born at 11:51pm (thursday) and I went home Saturday mid afternoon. My Dr gave me the option to go home or stay. He was happy with how the surgery went and how I was healing so if I wanted to go home it was fine. I was terrified about not having that "help" button at my bedside but I decided it would be better to be home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I had my DD at 12:40 am on Wednesday morning via c-section. They actually let me go home Friday afternoon but it was because I'd basically been there almost 3 nights. Wish I would have stayed one more night though, they were going to let me but I thought it'd be better to go home. Later I was sad I missed out on one more day to rest.
  • I stayed the full 5 days.  I wanted to spend more time with the lactation consultant and the extra rest was good for me.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my DD on Tuesday night and was sent home Thursday afternoon because I was doing so well. At that time I thought I would be fine....I quickly realized that I should have stayed 1 more night to get that extra rest. At the hospital the nurses keep up on the pain meds for you....when you get home, we tend to let an extra hour or two slip by before we take the pain medication, and that can make recovery a little more difficult....at least that was my experience. If you have the option to stay another day, I would reccommend taking it!! GL!
  • I had DD at 1:56 AM on a Wednesday and wasn't discharged until that Sunday - since I had her early in the morning I kind of got a freebie day.  I could have gone home on Saturday but opted to stay an extra day.  I liked being able to order off a menu and get help from the nurses, plus my sister came from out of town at the same time I arrived home from the hospital.  This time if I have an RCS I will play it by ear and might leave earlier, since I will be going home to lots of help.

As PPs said, your insurance should cover 96 hours, so take the extra time if you feel you need it.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"