C-sections

A positive aspect of unplanned c-section

The one big positive that came out of my c-section that helped get me out of my negative thoughts at the beginning....my son had a perfectly round head! ;)

Anyone else have a positive from emergency/unplanned c-section? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A positive aspect of unplanned c-section

• our vaginas are intact :)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageBrads Girl:
    our vaginas are intact :)

How the heck did I forget that??  Good point!

• Loading the player...
  • Lol, the perfectly round head is a bonus!  We were complimented many times on that Big Smile  Another positive?  DH had to change all the meconium diapers (and he had a LOT of them) because it wasn't easy for me to get out of bed right away.  DH also had to cater to me a bit too since my doc restricted stairs to once per day - it was nice getting my meals brought to me and getting pampered for a couple of weeks! 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrads Girl:

Haha.  Awesome. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi ladies!!  I just popped over here to have a look and this caught my eye.

The round head thing is one thing I didn't really ever consider.  We had tons of people comment on what a beautiful round head DS had.

Thank you.  This will make it easier to accept having another c/s with this lo.

IMG_9116 IMG_9361 IMG_9247
  • imageBrads Girl:
    Yes especially since my son was huge. HUGE. Also my dh got out of guard duty because of medical leave.
  • imageSarahP15:

imageBrads Girl:

Haha.  Awesome. 

Yep. Since my c-section I have two friends who experienced multiple 3rd degree tears and are still having problems being intimate with their DHs. After hearing those stories my c-section didn't sound so bad afterall!

• First I was thrilled cause DS had a 14 and 1/2 inch head and mostly I love being able to pee and WIPE after! no need for the peri bottle or sitz baths!
  • imageKvitale87:
    First I was thrilled cause DS had a 14 and 1/2 inch head and mostly I love being able to pee and WIPE after! no need for the peri bottle or sitz baths!

I still had to do that after my C/S, but I couldnt figure out why....

• I loved that my inexperienced husband got a crash course in baby care from the nurses, without me hovering over everything he did.  I knew by the time my drugs wore off that I trusted him to do things properly and didn't feel the need to correct.  This ended up being a marriage bonus too, LOL.
  • imageDreamofmusic768:

imageKvitale87:
    First I was thrilled cause DS had a 14 and 1/2 inch head and mostly I love being able to pee and WIPE after! no need for the peri bottle or sitz baths!

Ha! Me too! I'm not sure why...maybe it was just so painful below my stomach that I just "assumed" everything downward would hurt!

• Well my DD didn't have a perfectly round head because I pushed for 2 hours before having the c/s, but yay for intact vaginas lol!

Overall, my c/s experience was a positive one even though it was unplanned.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageSarahL77:

Well my DD didn't have a perfectly round head because I pushed for 2 hours before having the c/s, but yay for intact vaginas lol!

Overall, my c/s experience was a positive one even though it was unplanned.

I'm so glad it was. So happy it was a better experience than mine!
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm happy for a few things...

a round head like you ladies mentioned. 

Being able to laugh and run without bladder leakage

No Hemorrhoids after (sorry if TMI)

My hips didn't expand

• imageDreamofmusic768:

imageKvitale87:

Me too! An intern came into the bathroom with me the first time I got to go, and she gave me some dermoplast, and I was confused and said "I had a C-Section.." because I thought she was confused too, but she just said "Yeah, but just in case you have pain down there.". I never used it, but I took it home! I did use the peri bottle a little just because it cleaned better than having to bend a little to wipe so much.
    Thunder Logo Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Less PP bleeding? And maybe the smell isn't as bad....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was equally happy with my DD's round head and my intact vaginaWink  I'm also thrilled that with future children I'll never need to labor again, no VBAC for this Momma.
  • imageBrads Girl:

My vagina sure as all hell wasn't intact!

Not only did I have to heal from a c/s but I had to heal from a dammn tear and an incomplete vaginal. Nothing better then having someone spray your swollen crotch down and wipe it for you Tongue Tied

ETA: Although for being in the birth canal for over 3 hours his head did come out nice and round :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haha, this is a great post! I've thought about these things many times but I was always to afraid to post them on other boards for fear of getting flamed, and you know this would get flamed!!

The things I have always been happy about: my vagina is still as nice as before birth, DS did have a perfect head, I had less PP bleeding, while it hurt to move I was happy I could sit on my a*s without an ounce of pain, and I didn't have to wonder what sex would feel like for DH once we started up again! 

• imageJennV514:
    Less PP bleeding? And maybe the smell isn't as bad....

I will be 4w pp tomorrow and still bleeding a bit...I was a bit surprised that it is still flowing...I just chock it up to payback from 9 months period free ;)  Didn't know about or think of bad smells though... 

• imageJennV514:
    Less PP bleeding? And maybe the smell isn't as bad....

I will be 4w pp tomorrow and still bleeding a bit...I was a bit surprised that it is still flowing...I just chock it up to payback from 9 months period free ;)  Didn't know about or think of bad smells though... 

• PERFECT VAGINAS FOR EVERYONE! Lol. As my family family liked to tease me "It won't like throeing a hot dog down a hallway"-REAL special. Lol.
  • Hooray for intact vaginas!  DH feels bad about it but admits this is a major reason he wants me to go straight for the RCS instead of trying for a VBAC.  I have to admit, not like I'm all whee! about being sliced open again, but I know moms who had fourth-degree tearing and that sounds worse than what I went through.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"