Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Anatomy Scan Results! :)

First, the important stuff. Both babies are PERFECT! Super healthy, absolutely no issues to speak of. Baby B definitely likes to kick Baby A all over the place, Baby A was much nicer. Both were moving like crazy. We even got to see Baby A trying to talk to us. Saw brains, hearts (all 4 chambers), beautiful spinal cords, arms and legs with fingers and toes. Heard 2 beautiful heartbeats. Even more importantly, they're about the same size. Baby A is about 7oz and Baby B is about 8oz. Approximately 19gm difference in weight between them. The MD said not to worry unless the difference between the two is more than 20% (right now, it's about 8% different, so completely normal). We are so in love.

As for gender, here's what the conversation went like:

Me: "We're team gender, so if you get a good potty shot, feel free to share the news!"

Tech: "Alright, we'll see if they're in a good position." Puts the wand on my belly. Immediately after, "Well, I know what they are!"

2 EXTREMELY OBVIOUS PENISES! Yup, we're team blue with identical twin boys who are VERY proud of what daddy passed on to them :P The tech definitely got a kick out of it, even measured them since they were so prominent.

Needless to say, we are so ecstatic that our little boys are so healthy and growing so well in there. The MD said that from now on, I'll have u/s's every 2 weeks to monitor for TTTS, with every other u/s being a growth u/s to make sure they're progressing properly. So, we'll get to see the boys every other week, which is super exciting :) It's definitely been a great day! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anatomy Scan Results! :)

• Options

Such wonderful news! Congratulations!

What is TTTS? 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your healthy little boys!  Party!!!

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your healthy baby boys!!
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options
    Great news!!!! You're getting  me excited!!!!
    BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great news!!!! So exciting!!!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Absolutely wonderful news! Big congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Options
    Congrats on such super exciting news!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats on a great appointment!!  Welcome to team Blue X2!!
    BFP 4/22/09, Missed M/C on 6/9, D & C on 6/11 @ 11wks- trisomy 16 BFP 11/19/09 -CP 11/23/09 BFP 1/16/2010- m/c 1/29/2010, low progesterone BFP 6/13/2010 = twins!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers</a
  • Options
    TTTS = Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome. Since the twins are identical and share a placenta, there can be issues where one twin "steals" blood/nutrients from the other twin. If they catch it early enough, they can usually fix it and save both babies, so they want to watch us all really closely. Which is always good in my book :)

• Options
    Yay!! Congrats on the BOYS! :)
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageflutepharm87:
    TTTS = Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome. Since the twins are identical and share a placenta, there can be issues where one twin "steals" blood/nutrients from the other twin. If they catch it early enough, they can usually fix it and save both babies, so they want to watch us all really closely. Which is always good in my book :)

Definitely good to stay ahead of.  

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    congrats on your little boys!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • Options

congrats! This is wonderful news!!

Did they get a good look at the placenta(s) and cord placement?  We lost our boys to velamentous cord insertion on baby b.  I hesitated to even post this as I don't want to make you worry, but I would ask them to check on it.  Even if they have it twins can continue to grow and I think there is things they can do.  I am sure you don't have that as there is only a 10% chance for identical twins to have this.  If your twins have separate placentas then this shouldn't be an issue at all.  I hope I am not overstepping my place, I just wish I had known and that we could have saved our babies, but I am thankful for this new little boy and I wish you and your boys all the best!  GL!

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    Lilah Eve---our angel in heaven: Born sleeping 12/2/09 @ 28w3d. We love you and miss you everyday, little angel.
    Isabella Faith---Born 12/17/10 via c-section.
    Abigail Marie---Born 11/16/12 via c-section
  • Options
    congratulations on your healthy boys!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Such great news!  Congrats on team blue x2!!!
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    imagejeannaqueena:

congrats! This is wonderful news!!

Did they get a good look at the placenta(s) and cord placement?  We lost our boys to velamentous cord insertion on baby b.  I hesitated to even post this as I don't want to make you worry, but I would ask them to check on it.  Even if they have it twins can continue to grow and I think there is things they can do.  I am sure you don't have that as there is only a 10% chance for identical twins to have this.  If your twins have separate placentas then this shouldn't be an issue at all.  I hope I am not overstepping my place, I just wish I had known and that we could have saved our babies, but I am thankful for this new little boy and I wish you and your boys all the best!  GL!

They looked at the placenta (there's only 1) and everything looked good, not close to the cervix and completely attached, etc. Nothing there that they could see for now, but I know that can change :(  They couldn't get a good enough view of the cords, though, but they assured me it's one of the things they're monitoring at my bimonthly scans. I totally appreciate your concern, I want these little boys more than anything! And no worries, I've already freaked myself about researching all the problems that can occur with ID twins. Damnn you, Dr. Google! 

• Options
    Congrats on team blue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"