New York Babies
Options

Typical cost for a nanny in NYC?

Just curious... what is the typical cost for a nanny (not a live-in one) in NYC? How about nanny shares? I think I'm probably going to ask a relative to help out with the baby, but I'm trying to figure out what all of our different options are. Thanks!

Re: Typical cost for a nanny in NYC?

• Options

3 years ago when I had one (and when I researched it with friends and collegues) I discovered it to be about $600/week and some as high as $700 a week.  That averages about $2400-2800 a month.   A lot depends on the hours you need them.  Also, some will want a metro card, food, etc.  Some will do light cleaning, others will not.  If you are going to be on the books vs. off the books, (I was on the books) prices can be a little different.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    delg23delg23 member
    $15 an hour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It varies.  I know, first hand, families that pay anywhere between $500 and $650 per week for work weeks that range from 45 to 60 hours per week.  Most of these nannies do light household cleaning for the family (one even does all of the households laundry).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"