1st Trimester

What's a fun way to announce pregnancy???

2»

Re: What's a fun way to announce pregnancy???

• imagemegoguen:
    I saw a cute video on you tube doing this... DH & I will be going to the beach, take a couple photos of the water, of us, and also write, "We're pregnant..." in the sand and let that be the next picture in line. I'll tell my parents, "Oh, we went to the beach yesterday and there was a boat parade," or something, neat boats, etc. I'll set up the camera for them to view, have DH ready with his phone on video pretending he's checking a text. I just hope I can get both of them next to each other when we want to show them the photos.

This is the cutest idea!!!!!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • imagemegoguen:
    I saw a cute video on you tube doing this... DH & I will be going to the beach, take a couple photos of the water, of us, and also write, "We're pregnant..." in the sand and let that be the next picture in line. I'll tell my parents, "Oh, we went to the beach yesterday and there was a boat parade," or something, neat boats, etc. I'll set up the camera for them to view, have DH ready with his phone on video pretending he's checking a text. I just hope I can get both of them next to each other when we want to show them the photos.

This is the cutest idea!!!!!!!!!!!

• What if you make the cupcakes but make the frosting on some blue and pink on the others? Then write your due date on the cupcakes. I told my parents and in laws right away. We didn't tell our 6 yr old son til I was farther along. We gave him the ultrasound picture (I had one at 8 weeks to check her heartbeat) and let him guess what it was.
  • When SO and I decided to announce we were pregnant with #2 we had our DS ask his "Nonny" to read him a book and we had typed sentences we taped in the pages saying

"nonny i have a secret to tell"  turn the page

"i think you are going to be very happy" turn the page

"I'm going to be a big brother".. we thought it was cute and it was sort of last minute as we tried to keep a secret a little longer but when we visited my family (they live a few hours away)  we realized we were not going there for quite a while so it was spur of the moment...

in accordance with that if you do not have children you could always get a bunch of baby books about grandma and grandpa hugs etc..

• When you are bringing out food bring out a jar of prego with a baby hat on top!  See who picks up on that one!
  • Yes, I too tend to avoid these boards due to hormonal and hostile mommas.  You know what opinions are like and everyone has one...so let's keep them to ourselves:)

Another idea: If you are tech savvy, make your own half-time show. Use photo story or movie maker to create a slide show set to music on your computer.  Then hook your computer up to your TV.  Perhaps use pictures of the two of you in your favorite sports gear.  Your last picture can be of you and your husband holding your ultrasound picture or something of that nature:)

Just a thought!  Best of luck and congratulations; it's an amazing ride!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"