Secondary IF

Complications, could use some bucking up....

This am I went in for my u/s and hopefully trigger. The end result is I'm gonna take Bravelle tonight, trigger tomorrow and move the IUI to Friday and Saturday.

The bad news:
-There were just 2 follies, 19 and 16 (well and 2 10s), and they were hoping for 4-5.
-My nurse, the one I love, doesn't work Fridays and she is not working this weekend.  So the nurse who will do my IUI is the one I have had much less positive interactions with, she's Twizzle's nurse.
-I didn't have another dose of menopur on hand because I was ready at cd11 for trigger last time
-DH has to trigger me tomorrow morning, and let's just say he's terrified.
-The follies should be 18 and 21 (and 2 12s, but that's not helpful) by trigger.  Last time we triggered at 21 and 16 (and 12).  So it's a little better, but a much better lining.

The good news:
-My lining was better than it's been in forever.  It was 10mm and trilayered, actually visible on the u/s.
-The had Bravelle on hand to give me for free, so I will take that tonight.

I need to remember: I'm taking my chinese herbs, I'm doing yoga for infertility every night before bed, I had acupuncture twice last week and twice this week, and 21 and 18 (plus 2 bonus 12s that won't do anything) is good and my lining i great! And we are doing B2B IUIs on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning so that we can make the most of this cycle. Even though it might only take my chances from 15-20%, that's really a 33% improvement in chances.

With all of these good things, why am I feeling in the dumps?  We were hoping for 4-5 follicles by doubling the menopur because last time it was sort of 2-3.  What's up with just 2 again? Of course since it takes away even the slimmest chance of triplets (DH has visions of them all fertilizing *and* implanting) I can relax and talk with them both about fertilizing and implanting, and not have to skate around asking them not to ALL fertilize and implant.

Ugh.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Complications, could use some bucking up....

• I just want to say good luck! 
  • I know what you mean. When things don't go according to plan it's hard to stay positive. However, what you said all sound like good things. I really think your "replenished" lining is the ticket you'll need to get your BFP. Maybe if you had the 4 follies, you would be carrying a litter!!!! 
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Your lining sounds like it really improved. I am sending lots of good luck your way!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Oh darilin!

It is disappointing when you do not get what you were hoping for, trust me I know! Keep your chin held high though, 2 follies at 19 and 21 is fantastic, and your lining? Wow! I could only hope for a lining that great. Don't worry about those 2 12's, who knows the trigger may give them a boost and have them be in the running. Even if not, focus on the fact that you have 2 great looking follies and a beautiful lining that one could only wish for! 

Also, could you PM me some details about your herbs and yoga? I would love to hear more about it!

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I know you were wishing for better, but those 2 follicles sound GREAT! I'd take them any day!!  Everything else seems to align so here's hoping!
    7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"
  • This isn't bad news at all.  You have 2 beautiful follies and an awesome lining.  You are going to rock this!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • While I know you were hoping for more, you do have a lot of positives in your favor so try to focus on those. Good luck!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yaleyale member
    Things could still go your way. Good luck!
  • That is GREAT news about your lining!  And you still have two good follicles!  I think all around it sounds fantastic.  Well, other than having L do the IUI, ha ha.  With my last IUI I actually had 3 different people in there trying and the doc was the one who finally got it.  Anyway, I think it all sounds good, I'm guessing you are probably nervous since it's the last big shot.  I am looking forward to hearing about your BFP in a couple weeks!
  • Oh, I forgot to ask, are you doing the Restoring Fertility yoga DVD?  My (now pregnant) friend just lent this to me.  I started doing it this month but then I went back to regular yoga when I found out my hcg levels are still elevated.  I plan to do it again next cycle though.
  • I also want to say Good Luck and also add that with this BFP I only had two follies, one at 19 and one at 21. I triggered the next morning. My RE would not have triggered if I had more than 3 follies. That's his rule. I know how frustrating this can be but I don't think this sounds like a bad cycle at all!
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The statistics for avoiding higher order multiples is that you should have no more than 4 follicles 15mm and large at trigger--AND no more than 6 follicles total 12mm and larger.  The reason for it is that those 12mm follicles do sometimes count enough that if you have 2 big ones and 5 little ones or 1 big one and 6 littles, enough people would end up with triplets and more that it's statistically significant! 

So there's some good news even about your "bad" follies.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • imageTwizzle:
    Oh, I forgot to ask, are you doing the Restoring Fertility yoga DVD?  My (now pregnant) friend just lent this to me.  I started doing it this month but then I went back to regular yoga when I found out my hcg levels are still elevated.  I plan to do it again next cycle though.

I *am* doing the Restoring Fertility DVD, yup! I think I like it. I skipped it last night because I was just beat, but I'll do it again tonight.

• imagehoping4more:

Oh darilin!

It is disappointing when you do not get what you were hoping for, trust me I know! Keep your chin held high though, 2 follies at 19 and 21 is fantastic, and your lining? Wow! I could only hope for a lining that great. Don't worry about those 2 12's, who knows the trigger may give them a boost and have them be in the running. Even if not, focus on the fact that you have 2 great looking follies and a beautiful lining that one could only wish for! 

Also, could you PM me some details about your herbs and yoga? I would love to hear more about it!

Thanks so much for the support, and YGPM!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"