Florida Babies

Carrollwood/North Tampa doc recs?

Hello,

Just got a positive test a couple days ago, and starting to look into possible OBs, and not sure where to start...I keep seeing groups of physicians (Women's Care Florida, etc), and they seem nice, but I'm not sure about not having just one primary doctor? I would prefer a female physician, but it sounds like most of these places rotate you through and you don't really get much of a choice. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me- this is my first time around, and no idea what I'm really doing :)

Sarah

~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Carrollwood/North Tampa doc recs?

• I go to The Women's Group.  This is my first so I was really trying to find a good doctor and was scared to death.  My mom recommended me to The Women's Group and I LOVE them!!!!  There are 3 offices that you can go to.  I go to the one in Land O' Lakes.  The office is only about 10 minutes from my house...another plus!!!

This is an all female office!  No men allowed!!!  The Land O' Lakes office only has 4 OB's and I was also told that I would see all of the doctors in the office.  I have only seen one doctor and I get an appointment with her every time.  I would highly recommend this office! You will love them!!!!  Here's the website...good luck and congrats!!!!

https://www.thewomansgrouptampa.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thank you so much!! it's funny, right after I posted my question, I randomly found The Women's Group on Google- so glad to hear such a postive review from an actual patient...I think I might have found my place :)
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • You are very welcome! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • most of the practices nowadays work as a group.  i went to the women's group for the first half of my first pregnancy, then switched to partner's in ob/gyn on fletcher in carrollwood, now i'm at USF/TGH.  women's group really pissed me off when they ordered rhogam from a specialty pharmacy for me without telling me, and i got a surprise phone call from them trying to charge me $50 for something that i wasn't even aware i had to get.  i loved almost all the docs at partner's (the male doctors actually more than the females) and the only reason i'm not with them now is they won't vbac.  as a first timer, i think it's very important for you to figure out exactly what you are looking for in your birth experience, and make sure these expectations align with their "policies".  and believe me, every office has them, even if they seem relaxed and easy-going.  and as someone who was not expecting a c-section the first time, please investigate your delivery hospital's CS rate (SJW is ridiculously high, way above the national avg, along with their epidural rate of 90%).  H&H 9 months!
  • I go to the Women's Care and I LOVE them. My doctor is Dr. Morris, but I've seen all the doctors in the group now and all of them are fantastic. They have several offices, but I go to the Tampa Office in St. Joe's Hospital. I highly recommend them, several of my friends from Wesley Chapel area go there as well. 

https://www.womenscarefl.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/site.physicians/action/dtl/phys/99837534

Baby due March 2, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"