Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How effin lazy!!

I was searching on Amazon for bouncy seats and this came up.   Seriously!?!  WTF!  How lazy do you have to be to buy this, let alone how dangerous it is!  Does anyone else's baby stay absolutely still head on while drinking?  These should be banned!

Hands Free Baby Bottle Holder- The Baba Buddy

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How effin lazy!!

• Options
    Oh my God seriously?? I didn't know they made stuff like that. Hilarious on the one hand but terrifying on the other. FAIL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WTF is that? Come on! Don't people hold thier babies???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not condoning it, would never buy it.  BUT, if you look closely at the picture you can see that there is more than one baby in the picture.  Maybe a mom of multiples would see value in it?  I know a lot of twin moms use bouncy seats and sit in front of them to feed both babies at once. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I've seen several versions of this on the show "Raising Multiples."  When you have four babies to feed and only two hands, I can see the need.
    Mommy to Annabelle Emma (05.07) and Lila Mary (06.11)
  • Options

Yes I guess for multiples it may be your only option, but that baby has sad eyes Sad

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLStorms:

Yes I guess for multiples it may be your only option, but that baby has sad eyes Sad

Haha you're right, he does!

• Options
    imageLStorms:

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing!  Poor LO!  I've got an extra arm...I'll hold you!

Anniversary

• Options
    imageDani0701:
    imageLStorms:

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing!  Poor LO!  I've got an extra arm...I'll hold you!

ME TOO! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can see someone with multiples needing this, but sadly I can imagine lazy parents buying it too. Heck, my FIL tried to prop DS up on the couch over the weekend and asked if there was a way to give him a bottle without having to hold it...ummm no.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagehepcats:
    imageLStorms:

Haha you're right, he does!

Ahhh!  I'm going to cry!  I hate thinking of babies being sad or not held enough.  Sob!! 

• Options
    That is really sad. It looks like the other baby is wearing it too. So I still say lazy and dangerous.
  • Options
    I saw the other baby and thought daycare, not multiples. Stuff like this is why I have a somewhat irrational fear of sending my kid to daycare before he develops the vocabulary to tell me about his surroundings.
  • Options

Clearly you don't have more than one kid.

I could have found plenty of use for that this year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think they can be pretty common for moms of multiples or even with multiple older kids.
    Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Options
    I knew they made these, but they are geared toward moms of multiples like pp mentioned.  They still make me sad though, but I guess when you have more than one you have no choice if they are on the same schedule.  Honestly though, I would try my hardest to feed them one after another. Bottle propping, even if necessary, can cause ear infections and of course choking. 
  • Options

I agree, I have a four year old running around and there are plenty of times that something like that would come in handy, I usually just have to put her in her bouncy chair and prop her bottle with a blanket while I am caring for DS or fixing food or something, and half the time I always have to stop what I am doing about 5 times to fix the bottle cause it has fallen over. I'm not a lazy parent, but when you have more than one child something like that would def. come in handy.

imageKC_13:

• Options
    imageKC_13:

I would never use this and have 2. LO chokes/gags on a bottle easily with me holding it. Let alone having one "propped." I'm also friends with a MoM and she found ways to feed her twins without that.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    imagembritto4:
    imageKC_13:

I would never use this and have 2. LO chokes/gags on a bottle easily with me holding it. Let alone having one "propped." I'm also friends with a MoM and she found ways to feed her twins without that.

That's because you have a 4 year old. Having kids close together is a little bit different.

Your LO chokes/gags on a bottle easily because she's 2 months old. When a baby is a bit older, that becomes less of an issue.

• Options
    imageKC_13:
    imagembritto4:
    imageKC_13:

That's because you have a 4 year old. Having kids close together is a little bit different.

Your LO chokes/gags on a bottle easily because she's 2 months old. When a baby is a bit older, that becomes less of an issue.

In case you missed it, you're on the 0-3 board.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    imagembritto4:
    imageKC_13:
    imagembritto4:
    imageKC_13:

In case you missed it, you're on the 0-3 board.

Thanks for enlightening me.

This product could be useful for a mom with a baby that's a bit older than 2 months, but not old enough to be able to self feed.

As long as you weren't walking away to leave your LO to eat in another room, you'd be right there if LO started coughing and could intervene.

• Options
    I had three kids 3 and under and would have never needed one of these.  They actually make me really sad.  It's really not that hard to stop what you're doing to pick up your baby and feed them.  :(

• Options

image+adamwife+:
    I had three kids 3 and under and would have never needed one of these.  They actually make me really sad.  It's really not that hard to stop what you're doing to pick up your baby and feed them.  :(

Really? You never had one of your young toddlers crying because the baby conveniently needed to eat the same time they needed something? All 3 kids would time their needs just right so none of them overlapped?

• Options
    imageKC_13:

image+adamwife+:

Really? You never had one of your young toddlers crying because the baby conveniently needed to eat the same time they needed something? All 3 kids would time their needs just right so none of them overlapped?

I must just be a good multitasker.  I can carry a baby around while I'm feeding it and do anything else with my other hand.  This is when a good carrier comes in handy.

My sitter doesn't prop bottles either and is able to watch all three at the same time.  When they baby needs to eat you just get the other kids to sit on each side of you and read a book or tell a story. 

• Options
    image+adamwife+:
    imageKC_13:

image+adamwife+:

I must just be a good multitasker.  I can carry a baby around while I'm feeding it and do anything else with my other hand.  This is when a good carrier comes in handy.

My sitter doesn't prop bottles either and is able to watch all three at the same time.  When they baby needs to eat you just get the other kids to sit on each side of you and read a book or tell a story. 

I'm not saying that you *have* to prop bottles.

I'm just saying I can see that this product could be practical to someone with multiples/kids close in age.

I also think you're full of sh!t when you say you've never had to let one of your children cry ever while you were tending to another one. No offense.

• Options
    imageKC_13:

I also think you're full of sh!t when you say you've never had to let one of your children cry ever while you were tending to another one. No offense.

Read what I wrote.  I never said I haven't had to let one of my children cry.  I said I've never had to prop a bottle. 

Toddlers can communicate, so you can easily try to calm them down while feeding a baby or tell them that they need to wait a few minutes until Mommy is done.

• Options
    image+adamwife+:
    imageKC_13:

Read what I wrote.  I never said I haven't had to let one of my children cry.  I said I've never had to prop a bottle. 

Toddlers can communicate, so you can easily try to calm them down while feeding a baby or tell them that they need to wait a few minutes until Mommy is done.

Maybe your toddler can, but my child under 18 months old wasnt exactly understanding that his sister needed to eat and mommy couldn't hold him. Patience isnt a skill that young toddlers have in abundance. I would have loved to have something like that to avert a meltdown (but not leave the baby crying for a bottle).

I can see that if your child choked commonly while eating a bottle, you wouldnt feel comfortable using something like that. To say you can't see the use for something like that (especially for a MoM) is what I find silly in your post.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"