May 2011 Moms
Options

If your baby is not sttn

especially if you cosleep, read this

https://www.drjen4kids.com/soap%20box/sleep%20stuff.htm

I found it kind of encouraging (but kind of depressing...). No magic bullet, but it helped me anyway.

Re: If your baby is not sttn

• Options
    Thanks for posting that. I am a proud Nsttn, safely bed sharing, baby wearing, breastfeeding, crunchy mom.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this!  I've made peace with the fact that he is not sttn. I've made peace with the fact that I have to rock/walk him to sleep most nights. I have made peace with the fact that I get unwanted advise when people hear we snuggle in bed for at least one nap a day. I have made peace with the fact that my child is different from any other child out there, and that I must do what works for him. Do I want to sleep 12 hrs on the weekends like I did pre-baby? Sure, but I feel much better knowing I'm parenting my LO my style, and I have a healthy, happy baby during the day, even in the middle of the night!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemeimsx:
    Thanks for posting that. I am a proud Nsttn, safely bed sharing, baby wearing, breastfeeding, crunchy mom.

LIKE Yes

• Options
    Thanks for sharing, I want to print this and hand it out to everyone who asks me
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemsdonnas:
    Thanks for sharing, I want to print this and hand it out to everyone who asks me

Yes

Thanks for sharing. I can't say that I was feeling bad about my son's sleeping habits but it's always nice to have some positive validation. 

• Options
    Thanks for sharing this.  I am not happy with DD's sleeping, mostly because it doesn't seem restful to her and it's hard on me getting up so many times a night, but putting it in biological perspective helps.  And now I won't feel bad about our 2-hour snuggle sleep in the early morning (done with every precaution necessary).
  • Options

Emailed this to my mother, who blames LO's "sleep problem" on co-sleeping. Hmm

Thank you.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks Token! I posted on my facebook so that FIL can read and tell MIL to stop telling me I need to give LO rice cereal so he will STTN! Not like it will work, but I can hope!

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• Options

I appreciate this after my lack of sleep last night!

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to give some fellow moms a boost. I really would rather be sleeping 8 or 10 hours straight, believe me, but being as I really don't think my baby is broken, it helps to have some encouragement to just deal.
  • Options
    Wow, interesting read. Thanks Smile
  • Options

Thanks for this. 

I've read something similar when Ankaret was a newborn and it helped me get though her first year. 

I'll have to post this up on Google+ for my SIL.  She's due with her first in October and gave me the side eye when A wasn't STTN at 6 months.

Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My baby doesn't STTN yet but she's sleeping a little more now. Thanks for posting this. My DH's dumb friend suggested the other day that maybe something was wrong with our DD because she wasn't sleeping through the nite. I just smiled and told him my daughter is perfectly fine. 
  • Options

Yes TY

I dont mind waking up often anyway.... LO and I wake up at the same time OFTEN :)

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"