Attachment Parenting
Options

If you made a wrap for back carries

If you made your own wrap suitable for back carries, what type of fabric did you use?  Did you just get a really long piece of fabric and tack the ends or did you sew several pieces together?  How long did you make your wrap?  Thanks!

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

Re: If you made a wrap for back carries

• Options
    The one thing I have universally read about making a wrap is to NOT EVER sew pieces together; the stitching will never be as secure as the original weave.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Osnaberg makes for a good wrap.  Some table cloths work, too.

You want something with a complex weave and something that gives only in one direction.  Does that make sense?

Five yards should work.  Maybe this sizing chart will help. Just remember that it's in meters (well, centimeters).  So that size 6--4.7 meter (470 cm) is about 5 yards.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTiffanyBerry:
    The one thing I have universally read about making a wrap is to NOT EVER sew pieces together; the stitching will never be as secure as the original weave.

Yes, I would have thought the same.  The only reason I asked is b/c I saw instructions online for making a back-carry wrap and for some reason the person did sew several pieces together.  I couldn't see why (same reasoning as you) so I thought I'd ask the experts Big Smile  Thanks!

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• Options
    imageC-Charm:

You want something with a complex weave and something that gives only in one direction.  Does that make sense?

Five yards should work.  Maybe this sizing chart will help. Just remember that it's in meters (well, centimeters).  So that size 6--4.7 meter (470 cm) is about 5 yards.

Just checked out Osnaberg.  Looks great AND is carried at JoAnne Fabrics, yay!  Thanks for the tip.  I couldn't see the sizing chart you were talking about.  Could you possibly send me the link?  Thanks!

• Options
    imagelisagde:
    imageC-Charm:

Just checked out Osnaberg.  Looks great AND is carried at JoAnne Fabrics, yay!  Thanks for the tip.  I couldn't see the sizing chart you were talking about.  Could you possibly send me the link?  Thanks!

Silly me!

https://didymos.com/index.php?s=groesse

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"