May 2011 Moms
Options

A Journal for little one...

So I've decided i'm going to start writing in a journal for Hailey. I am going to write about the pregnancy, delivery, and past 4 months. Then I will start writing in it on a regular basis about what she is learning and doing and what we are learning and feeling  as well. I think it will be a very special thing to give to her when she is older. Is anyone else doing anything like this? What are your ideas? I also plan on including the lyrics to the song "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift. Describes my feelings to a tee.
Photobucket PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A Journal for little one...

• Options
    I think it's cute if you wanted to make your own. They also sell books like these at BRU...I want to get one. My mom did it for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    im totally copying the google commercial and have been writing emails to Laine :-)

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I LOVE this idea!! But I know I would never keep up with it.

I kept a pregnancy journal and wrote in it on average twice a week. More if things were interesting(feeling her move, songogram...etc) less when I was sick and DH and I were off work for a week for a snow storm(we laid on the couch and watched movies ALL week- it was great!)

I am going to write cards to DD and give them to her for her first birthday. I am doing a 1st, 5th, 10th, 16th, 18th, 21st, 30th, and 50th Birthday. HS and college graduation, wedding, and first mother's day. I will hold onto the cards until the special day hits, or if God for bid something happens to me, she will have them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageelisbu:

I kept a pregnancy journal and wrote in it on average twice a week. More if things were interesting(feeling her move, songogram...etc) less when I was sick and DH and I were off work for a week for a snow storm(we laid on the couch and watched movies ALL week- it was great!)

I am going to write cards to DD and give them to her for her first birthday. I am doing a 1st, 5th, 10th, 16th, 18th, 21st, 30th, and 50th Birthday. HS and college graduation, wedding, and first mother's day. I will hold onto the cards until the special day hits, or if God for bid something happens to me, she will have them.

This is cute! You write them to her now when she is a baby and give them to her then? What kind of stuff do you include, if anything?

I write Xander a letter every month on his "birthday" about the things he has learned in the last month, and stuff we hope to see in the next, exciting things that happened or are going to happen. I will do this up until 6 months, and then probably one his actual birthday every year. I would love to read something like that from my mom, especially now as I'm raising him. He's a boy and will probably think it's the tackiest thing ever, but I enjoy doing it and reading them over every month.

• Options
    my dad does this.  he started when my sister and i were little with disney journals and now just write in the regular journals.  i need to start.  i think it would be good for not only giving to lo when she grows up but for dh to read when he comes home for deployment.  
  • Options
    imagejreese14:
    imageelisbu:

This is cute! You write them to her now when she is a baby and give them to her then? What kind of stuff do you include, if anything?

I write Xander a letter every month on his "birthday" about the things he has learned in the last month, and stuff we hope to see in the next, exciting things that happened or are going to happen. I will do this up until 6 months, and then probably one his actual birthday every year. I would love to read something like that from my mom, especially now as I'm raising him. He's a boy and will probably think it's the tackiest thing ever, but I enjoy doing it and reading them over every month.

Probably what I wish for her, my memories of that time in my life, any impotant lesson for that phase...etc.

• Options
    We're keeping a journal for DD. Both DH and I write in there about once a week. We've also had family members make entries.
  • Options

imageweddingcaketaster:
    im totally copying the google commercial and have been writing emails to Laine :-)

I have been doing this too.

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• Options
    I've been doing a "Dear Daniel" blog every month, talking about the new things he's doing and any visitors we've had or trips we've made. I also TRY to put down into words what my feelings are for him, but that's always really hard :)  After this first year, I plan to make a Photo book with each blog entry on one side of the page and pictures of him that month on the other; he'll get that as a gift either on his 18th birthday or when he graduates high school (haven't decided which yet).  I recently found a letter that my mom had written to my brother when he was a tiny baby and it is just about the most precious thing ever.  It means a lot to him; I kinda wish she'd thought to do it for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I have a journal for Silas. I have been writing in it since I found out I was pregnant. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageelisbu:

I am going to write cards to DD and give them to her for her first birthday. I am doing a 1st, 5th, 10th, 16th, 18th, 21st, 30th, and 50th?Birthday. HS and college graduation, wedding, and first mother's day. I will hold onto the cards until the special day hits, or if God for bid something happens to me, she will have them.

?

I did this as well in a google document, but for some reason the site started acting goofy and I stopped around 25 weeks. Fast forward to when I was filling out her baby book about my the pregnancy, I went back through to read it and started bawling when I reached the end, because it SO wasn't the end. It's now the advice I give to all my friends--to start it and keep it up, because that's something I can never get back :(?

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Options
    I love all these ideas and would love to do something like that for DD, but I haven't even managed to fill out her birth info in her baby book yet.  I don't know why I can't seem to get around to it  and I know I've already forgotten so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"