Breastfeeding
Options

small b00bs, pumping and compression

maybe a silly question, but any tips for doing breast compressions when pumping?  i have pretty small boobs so there isnt much left to compress and squeeze after i putthe shields on. and its even more awkward and hard to do when ive got the hands free bra on covering everything.  do you go inside the bra?  i tend to lose suction easily if im not careful.  im going to try a smaller size shield too, but dont think that means itcovers less breast, just nipple.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: small b00bs, pumping and compression

• Options

Hmm I just have done a walking motion on top of the bra. You may need smaller shields.

Maybe this is a good question for the LC who posts on Tuesdays, but I read somewhere that compressions can lead to clogged ducts? 

• Options

I have the same problem. When I do compressions I have a really hard time maintaining suction. I find it works best to hold the shield tight against me with one hand and massage with the other. I compress side to side better than top to bottom.

Compressions do not cause clogged ducts, they help to empty the breast more efficiently. 

Hannah born 4/5/11
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    Miscarriage d/t blighted ovum 8/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wasn't blessed with boobies either. I'm only an A cup. If you are using a single pump, what I did was take the other hand and push on the breast surrounding the shield. If you use a smaller shield you are only changing the inside of the flange where the nipple is. It is best not to wear a bra if you are going to try to massage the breast it is easier to do it w/o a bra. After my single pump died, I bought a double pump and it is virtually impossible to massage the breast while pumping. I do not use a bra while doing it simply because of my LO. If LO decides he's hungry while I'm pumping I put him to one boob and continue. But if you prefer a bra while pumping maybe you will discover a trick to tell others. Let me know how it goes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"