Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I must be a horrible parent...

Reading others posts makes me feel like a failure. Based on everyone else, I am feeding my child too little and causing attachment issues. Although, if you met my baby you would know neither of these is true.

She is a little above average in size for her age, even though she only has three meals a day. I pay close attention to her hunger cues. I know when she is getting hungry and when she is full. She will eat and eat if you let her, but will then spit up half of it. She loves her solids and has them for at least 2 meals a day, if not all 3.

Yes, I did let my LO cry it out at 3 months and was exactly what she needed. We had a routine, which made her highly aware of her bedtime and would start fighting us. We let her cry it out for a few days and she has been an angel since when it comes to falling asleep.

She still doesn't STTN, but this has to do with her sleep cycles (her father has a sleep disorder which I think has been passed down) not hunger. She never fully wakes up and I have even tried feeding her at night to see if it would help with sleep. Guess what, it didn't. She spit the food up and still continued waking up the rest of the night.

I am raising what I believe to be an unusual child. She has been alert since day one and would rather be checking out the world instead of sleeping. She is observant and very aware of what is going on around her and has always been this way. She has never "slept like a baby". I could not even get any of those cute sleeping newborn pictures.

She has hit every milestone early, from rolling over to talking. So if sleeping is her only problem I will consider myself lucky and I don't care if all of you think I am the worst parent in the world because my baby is thriving.

Re: I must be a horrible parent...

• Options
    I am just going to go ahead and call MUD on this.
  • Options
    imageOwenbycm:

Reading others posts makes me feel like a failure. Based on everyone else, I am feeding my child too little and causing attachment issues. Although, if you met my baby you would know neither of these is true.

She is a little above average in size for her age, even though she only has three meals a day. I pay close attention to her hunger cues. I know when she is getting hungry and when she is full. She will eat and eat if you let her, but will then spit up half of it. She loves her solids and has them for at least 2 meals a day, if not all 3.

Yes, I did let my LO cry it out at 3 months and was exactly what she needed. We had a routine, which made her highly aware of her bedtime and would start fighting us. We let her cry it out for a few days and she has been an angel since when it comes to falling asleep.

She still doesn't STTN, but this has to do with her sleep cycles (her father has a sleep disorder which I think has been passed down) not hunger. She never fully wakes up and I have even tried feeding her at night to see if it would help with sleep. Guess what, it didn't. She spit the food up and still continued waking up the rest of the night.

I am raising what I believe to be an unusual child. She has been alert since day one and would rather be checking out the world instead of sleeping. She is observant and very aware of what is going on around her and has always been this way. She has never "slept like a baby". I could not even get any of those cute sleeping newborn pictures.

She has hit every milestone early, from rolling over to talking. So if sleeping is her only problem I will consider myself lucky and I don't care if all of you think I am the worst parent in the world because my baby is thriving.

I don't care whether or not your baby STTN (although i disagree with CIO, to each his own)... and if you don't care what anyone thinks why are you posting this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAngel0423:
    imageOwenbycm:

I don't care whether or not your baby STTN (although i disagree with CIO, to each his own)... and if you don't care what anyone thinks why are you posting this?

To brag

• Options

Ok weirdo...

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageOwenbycm:

Hate to break it to you but your child is not that unusual.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, A sleeps maybe 8 total hours a day.  and has for a while now.
  • Options

I also don't agree with letting her cry it out, but you know what?  You're the parent and it seems what you are doing is working for you, your baby and the rest of the family. 

"They" also said to never let a baby sleep on her stomach, and mine ONLY slept that way the first 2 months of her life.  You just figure out what works for you and go with the flow.

Stephanie Hsu
  • Options
    imagetoadstool:

Ok weirdo...

LMAO. This.

• Options

Ooooh ... Stop the presses!  We have another talking baby!  Does she also say 'how are you?' as another poster tried to convince us that her baby did?

Ok, joking aside ... Why exactly did you post this?  Also, I don't care whether it 'worked' for you or not (everyone seems to have a different definition of what it means when something is 'working'), CIO for a baby younger than 6 months of life (at least) is just wrong.  Yeah, I said it, it's wrong and all it teaches your child is that 'mommy doesn't come when I need her'.  

• Options

My DD has also been EXTREMELY alert since day one.  I guess I didn't know any different, but from the nurses to the doctors to everyone who meets her they constantly comment on it. I only started to pick up on it when I brought her around other children the same age. She also fights sleep and it was a struggle to get her into anything resembling a decent sleep pattern. She was born overdue and is on the bigger side, so she has also hit many of her milestones early.

With all of that said, I don't think that qualifies her as a "highly unusual child" and means she should only be eating 3 times a day!

• Options
    Oh yeah?  Well my DD could cook, cut, and eat a 32oz steak all by herself, when was 12 weeks pregnant.  Beat that.
  • Options

imageJaneBeam:
    Oh yeah?  Well my DD could cook, cut, and eat a 32oz steak all by herself, when was 12 weeks pregnant.  Beat that.

OMG...LMFAO!

• Options
    Why do you feel the need to justify your parenting style to a bunch of internet strangers?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    imagehepcats:
    imagetoadstool:

Ok weirdo...

LMAO. This.

Yup! This!

• Options
    imageRumbleLina:
    imageOwenbycm:

Hate to break it to you but your child is not that unusual.

Don't be so mean. Her child is obviously a very, very special snowflake. 

OP, I don't know where this defensive rant came from. Could you give us a clue? 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageapricoty:

Ooooh ... Stop the presses!  We have another talking baby!  Does she also say 'how are you?' as another poster tried to convince us that her baby did?

Ok, joking aside ... Why exactly did you post this?  Also, I don't care whether it 'worked' for you or not (everyone seems to have a different definition of what it means when something is 'working'), CIO for a baby younger than 6 months of life (at least) is just wrong.  Yeah, I said it, it's wrong and all it teaches your child is that 'mommy doesn't come when I need her'.  

LMAO! I must have missed this post.  Last night I could swear that DD purposely gave me a big hug. I was convinced... DH was pretty sure it was a coincidence, LOL. I think we all see things that we want to sometimes. 

• Options

to ITGurl0626:

Well, not only can my DS cook a steak, he's about to open his own chain of steak restaurants. Nationwide. Maybe my DS can hire your DD as a line cook.

;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagerileylr215:

to ITGurl0626:

Well, not only can my DS cook a steak, he's about to open his own chain of steak restaurants. Nationwide. Maybe my DS can hire your DD as a line cook.

;)

Ha!  She will be charging 6 figures for her services.

• Options

Ah, I figured out where this came from. You posted in a thread yesterday about how much your baby is eating that she gets 18 oz of formula and 2 jars of baby food. Another poster and I questioned you about it, and you're interpreting that as us calling you a horrible parent??

Chill. I don't care what your baby eats, really. The bulk of their calories should still be coming from BM or formula, but if you choose to ignore that advice, it's no skin off my back. 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageapricoty:

every time i think of that other talking baby i picture her talking with a british accent and i have NO idea why. 'top of the morning to you, mummy!'

Anniversary

• Options
    imageJaneBeam:
    imagerileylr215:

to ITGurl0626:

;)

Ha! That's fine. My DS is also a very savvy investor and has plenty of money in his stock portfolio for salaries.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You guys are such a lovely bunch of people.Goodbye and God Bless!
  • Options
    imageJaneBeam:
    imagerileylr215:

to ITGurl0626:

;)

You both are killing me! LMAO! 

• Options
    imageSarahL77:

Ah, I figured out where this came from. You posted in a thread yesterday about how much your baby is eating that she gets 18 oz of formula and 2 jars of baby food. Another poster and I questioned you about it, and you're interpreting that as us calling you a horrible parent??

Chill. I don't care what your baby eats, really. The bulk of their calories should still be coming from BM or formula, but if you choose to ignore that advice, it's no skin off my back. 

I am the one who also questioned the amount and I stand by that. 18 oz is really a little amount, but if you are fine with it and your pedi is fine with it then do it. I actually thought it must be a mistake because it IS so little.

Also, the other stuff? It is nice you think your baby is special. It is awesome actually that you think that. But when she gets older you will see that she is, in fact, just a normal baby. 

• Options
    imageOwenbycm:
    You guys are such a lovely bunch of people.Goodbye and God Bless!
    I'm not going to bash you but for the love of God, feed your kid!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"