Austin Babies
Options

How far in advance? Re: doulas

So for those of you who used or at least consulted with a doula, how far in advance did you contact them?
We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
My 101
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How far in advance? Re: doulas

• Options
    Our doula was also our Bradley instructor so we met with her in class for a few weeks before we officially hired her. It was fairly early though - maybe 28-30 weeksish?
  • Options
    Okay, so my thoughts of hardcore researching this in the second tri probably aren't too far off. Thanks!
    My 101
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We booked ours way late (34weeks) and winded up with a fabulous doula but we really lucked out. We should have started in the middle of the 2nd trimester. Shelly Scotka was ours and amazing at what she does. Amy
  • Options
    imageamycathy:
    We booked ours way late (34weeks) and winded up with a fabulous doula but we really lucked out. We should have started in the middle of the 2nd trimester. Shelly Scotka was ours and amazing at what she does. Amy
    I would say the earlier the better. And I absolutely ADORE shelly, she is amazing!
  • Options

I've started looking in to it just today because I'm trying to help myself freak out less about a hospital birth, like I talked about in my post a bit further down. Ha :) It's just something I feel like I can control right now to ease my fears.

I got a reply from someone I emailed though and she said first trimester is perfectly fine to be doing this as she usually only accepts one client per birth month so her availability is limited.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:

I got a reply from someone I emailed though and she said first trimester is perfectly fine to be doing this as she usually only accepts one client per birth month so her availability is limited.

One per month? Wow! I just can't seem to make myself pull the trigger on anything more than research until after our first OB appt. I'm too paranoid and superstitious, I guess, about this stuff (and only this stuff, really). 

My 101
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"