Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Does your child take their diaper off??

Mine has been taking his diaper off frequently. My mom says that means he'll be ready to potty train before we know it. Sure, Mom! LOL. He's 1! Anyway, he's suddenly started to freak if he wets his diaper, pulling and tearing at it. That's a good thing, but it's not always super funny to find him naked in the crib with poop in hand. EEK!

Oh, and is my child the only one who likes to smack himself in the head? lol 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does your child take their diaper off??

• Yes but thankfully not after he pooped...YET. *knocks on wood!*

ETA: I came back to say I wish he was ready for potty training, but no way! And yes he likes to smack himself too. So my husband imitated him and then he started doing it all the time to get my husband to copy him and I told him he has to stop encouraging our son to slap himself!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had to switch to pullups about a month ago because he thought it was funny to take off his diapers! We buy target brand pullups and when its diaper changing time the sides pull apart like the advertised huggies that just came out!

Also... he fights me most diaper changes so pulling them up is so easy! Especially since for some reason he LIKES to put on his clothes! Silly kid!! lol

• Loading the player...
  • Yes. We have to keep either shorts or a onesie on her all the time. She is 20 months and she is close but not quite ready for potty training. She has been taking off her own diaper for around 4 months now.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DD takes her diaper off ALL THE TIME! She just loves to be naked. I am thinking about trying those new pull up huggies. I'm not too sure if she is ready to be potty trained yet.
  • Pulling off his diaper and freaking out because he's wet?

There's no reason you can't start introducing potty training. Those are huge signs of readiness.

I'm not saying it'll be easy and happen right away, but if your kid is uncomfortable in diapers and does not like being wet, he's aware of his bodily functions and wants them away from his body. 

I think it's awesome. What a smart little boy.

• I don't see a reason not to potty train him...  he's showing the signs for being ready.
  • DD can pull hers down and off like underpants, but not undo the tabs yet. She usually leaves it alone unless she's stinky or very very wet. Her pedi said that could be a sign of potty training readiness, so I tried sitting her on the toilet before her bath yesterday. She freaked out, so I guess we'll wait a little longer.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If she doesn't have pants/shorts/bloomers on, she will take it off immediately.  She hasn't learned how to pull her pants down (yet) so luckily we are usually okay.  We also got the new pull up huggies and she hasn't figured out how to pull them off.  I'm not a huge fan of them though.  They are easy to put on and off but they don't absorb as well or seem to fit as comfortably. 
  • I guess I'll buy a potty chair! I'm excited :) 
  • she doesn't take her diaper off yet.  And yes, DD smacks herself in the side of the head all the time, especially when she tries to swallow something she didn't chew all the way.  It's so funny to watch.  When it's hard to swallow, she smacks the side of her head like he helps her swallow it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He may be ready, even if he is that young. Maybe try it out? My LO rips off one strap of her diaper and definitely freaks out when she's wet or dirty. Since she's already showing some signs, I'm planning on starting the potty training at the end of the year. Some kids do things early, some later. Check out some books/articles on potty training and see what they say. Good luck! (:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • She use to but we started "taping" the diapers on her. We put the diaper on then put a small piece of bright green duct tape (just large enough to cover both tabs) and now she's so enthralled with the tape she doesn't think about taking off the diaper.

Missed m/c 2/29/08; D&C 3/5/08

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"