Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

anyone else have a molar pregnancy?

I had a missed miscarriage at the end of June and the pathology report indicated that it was a partial molar pregnancy. I had my beta HCG levels tested weekly, and finally got a negative result a few weeks ago. From reading about others' experiences, I thought I'd have to continue the testing to make sure the levels stayed down before even thinking of getting pregnant again. The nurse hasn't returned my calls (several messages over the past two weeks) to let me know if I need further testing. 

Has anyone else had a molar or partial molar pregnancy? Did you have your levels monitored for an extended period of time? 

I'm going to set up a consult with the doctor to get answers to these - and other - questions, but while I'm waiting for that I thought I'd see if anyone else had gone through this.

Thanks! 

Re: anyone else have a molar pregnancy?

• Options
    I can't help answer your questions about the molar pregnancy, mine was a cp... but I wanted to let you know that I am sorry for your loss.  I hope you get the answers you are looking for from your doctor... and are able to find comfort and support here.  T&P to you
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Hi,

I just got a diagnosis of a complete molar pregnancy last week. The doctor said that they would monitor me down to negative and that I needed to be monitored until I had three negatives in a row. I believe it would have been the same if it was a partial from the research that I had done. Below is a link to a board on Baby Center that is strictly for people who had a molar or partial molar pregnancy, so that may be of help to you as well.

https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a113685/molar_and_partial_molar_pregnancies 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#1 starting Feb 2011, BFP #1:5/31/11, CP: 6/6/11; BFP #2: 7/9/11, loss confirmed 8/3 with D&C on 8/12 finding complete molar pregnancy. Forced break until Feb 2012. My blog image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I do know someone form the bump who has. I will try to contact her.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• Options

Thanks for your responses! I will try (again!) to get ahold of the nurse tomorrow. Regardless, we will be going in to talk with the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment.

While it's nice to know exactly what caused the MC, it's frustrating that it's such a rare thing. I don't know anyone else who has gone through this who can give me an idea of what to expect! 

• Options
    Warning ticker- :::Lurker::: I had a partial molar last April and my doctor told me I couldn't get pregnant for at 6-12 months. My levels were checked once a week until they were down to zero. After that, my my levels were checked once a month just make sure they didn't go back up. This went on for about four months and I think your doctor should be on top of this. ::goes back to hiding::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I finally spoke to someone in the office today. The nurse told me that they don't do beta HCG testing once you have a negative result. I specifically asked if they do after a partial molar. She said, "We don't do that." 

That answer flies in the face of everything I've read about molar/partial molar pregnancies. Now I'm definitely going in to talk to the doctor in person. (and let him know that one of his staff members told me I didn't need further testing!) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"