2nd Trimester

You have GOT to be KIDDING (Store vent)

So DH and I have been looking, looking, looking for a dresser/changer that we both liked. FINALLY we find one. It's a pretty cherry that matches our crib perfectly, sleigh style. It's a dresser/hutch combo, with potential as a changing table too. It was PERFECT. So, we ordered it.

Now, obviously, we assumed that the dresser and hutch piece would be arriving together. That when we ordered them, they were ordered together. Certainly, there was no disclaimer on the website saying *pieces sold seperately* and the drop down bar saying "Select Product" didn't list more than one piece of furniture.

So, therefore, because of all this, we assumed that when the dresser arrived, it would be arriving together. This morning, when UPS arrived, they had only one box and it was awfully small. This concerned me, so I immediately opened and started putting it together thinking "Maybe it'll turn out to be the whole thing" I work for about 30 minutes before I come to the conclusion- this is only the top half of what we ordered. So, I call the store we ordered it from and ask them what's going on. They tell me that even though the two pieces are pictured together, you have to ordered them seperately. So, I'm pretty mad by this point. I'm going "So I just ordered a piece of furniture for $Xxx that I can't even USE unless I order the other piece now for however much THAT costs?" Yep, pretty much. Of course, I can always take it back and have my money refunded.

So I go back to their website and proceed to look for the bottom half of this set. Guess what? IT ONLY COMES IN WHITE AND ESPRESSO. This dresser doesn't even come in the color the top half comes in. I'm going, are you KIDDING me? Now what?

So, we're taking it back. I'm just so MAD that I can hardly stand it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickers

Re: You have GOT to be KIDDING (Store vent)

• WOW!!!!!!!!! That is insane! Usually they have *sold seperately* in the details of the product. I'm so sorry. I can see how that would peeve you off. I'm the same way about things like that. No one likes to buy something expecting one thing, just to get another.............I hope that you can find something else though. There are so many choices out there, in all different stains. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh that totally sucks!!! I remember how hard it was to find a dresser that we wanted that actually matched. Ugh!! We actually ended up buying one from an unfinished furniture place and finishing it ourselves to match. Great quality and way more selection than you'd think! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would be ticked!  We had such a hard time finding a dresser to match DS1's honey colored crib.  I wanted a normal sized dresser because the closet in his room isn't very big but everything was just either too dark or too light.  Buying unfinished furniture sounds like a great idea, unfortunately I don't know of any place around me to do that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Be sure to leave a "nice" review and hopefully no on else will have to go through that. So sorry you got screwed hon =-( Ugh You'd think they'd have stuff labeled properly!
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I took it back today. My DH and I are going to have to start looking again now. -eyeroll- Which is really awesome, since he's in Texas and I'm in Florida. Good thing we've still got a good bit of time before it absolutely has to be here.

Get this, the lady at the counter was trying to tell me I couldn't return it in-store. I'd have to ship it back. I raised enough cane that they finally just let me return it and get our money back. I was just NOT having it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"