Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Any moms with (actual) OCD?

I have had OCD since childhood but have found after having my son that it has switched to having big fears about deadly germs, SIDS, and forgetting him somewhere. Lately I have also been terrified every time I hear of a baby or young child getting cancer or something terrible happening unexpected. I have recently sought couseling for this but just feel really alone in it. I was wondering if there are any other moms with babies who struggle with this?

Re: Any moms with (actual) OCD?

• I know Jenny1980 had diagnosed OCD. She hangs on the cloth diaper board, and Money Matters on the nest. You could try on the PPD board, too.

Good work on getting treatment. You're on the right track.

• I am in the middle of trying to get diagnosed. I think I am neurotic with ocd tendency (if not simply, ocd, I have rituals, fears about death, I don't like human contact... (but i make exceptions, which is why I think I have "tendencies").

I have seen 2 pcp that just want to put me on zoloft, and call it ppd.  

I am getting ready to start seeing a therapist, as soon as I can find some time.

• Loading the player...
  • imageholly321:

I am in the middle of trying to get diagnosed. I think I am neurotic with ocd tendency (if not simply, ocd, I have rituals, fears about death, I don't like human contact... (but i make exceptions, which is why I think I have "tendencies").

I have seen 2 pcp that just want to put me on zoloft, and call it ppd.  

I am getting ready to start seeing a therapist, as soon as I can find some time.

This is the same problem I am facing. I do not want to take drugs at all and don't think it's necessary. I'm looking into behavioral cognitive therapy. I hope you find a good therapist, it feels like a job in itself!

• Yes. I had it very badly right after I had my son. I would have to rearrange shampoo bottles and touch the door handle multiple times or I thought something bad would happen.
    It has gotten a lot better, but I am actually getting anxiety as I write this. :)

It's awful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a mild case of it, thinking bad things will happen, constantly checking to see if DD is breathing, before i leave everyday i run around the house making sure nothings on everythings locked stoves off etc when i already checked once. Constantly smelling the air to smell if anythings burning. Its getting out of hand and probably worse since having DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know just what you ladies mean about checking things multiple times, etc. It can take me a half hour to leave the house because I check the oven several times, the coffepot (even when I haven't made coffee), all plug-ins, etc. It just gets way out of hand. I started looking into diet also and found some interesting information on a link between hypoglycemia and OCD. It made a lot of sense actually so I'm going to try the diet for that and possibly 5-HTP supplements. I'm just nervous about mixing that and breastfeeding, but I don't know what else to do!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"