Austin Babies
Options

Drive by post. What a day.

I'm sorry to do a drive-by.  I know I'm never on here anymore.  However, I need to get this out.

Friday:  Closed on our house / moved in with in-laws so that we could find the "perfect" house in the right neighborhood.

Tuesday:  Perfect house becomes available.  In the neighborhood we are looking at, they never come on the market.  It's all word-of-mouth through neighbors.  Well, perfect schools, perfect square footage, perfect neighborhood, perfect location in the neighborhood and perfect price.  I call the realtor and our realtor ASAP and schedule to go for a showing.  Call DH and let me know, he's excited. 

Tuesday afternoon:  Seller's realtor calls and says "come on over."  I call our realtor, who hops in the car.  I grab the kids out of their beds (naptime) and start putting their shoes on.  I call DH to tell him to hop in his car ... and he responds with, "Don't go.  I just got laid off."

Yes...I'm grateful that we have no house payment or bills.  This really was the perfect time for him to get laid off (if there is such a thing).  But let me just say...it was still a letdown.

My parents said they would buy the house and pay the mortgage until DH finds another house, and they really wanted us to go look at it today.  We did.  And it's perfect.  But we declined their offer.  I just keep thinking that is the stupidest move we can make.  First objective:  Find DH a job.  THEN.  Second objective:  back on the house hunt.

I love my in-laws, but living with parents isn't easy.  Again, I'm grateful to have them.  But if you wouldn't mind saying a little prayer that DH finds a job quickly and then another perfect house comes up, I would really appreciate it.

xoxo,

me

Re: Drive by post. What a day.

• Options
    I'm so sorry he got laid off. I think you made the best decision--lots of prayers that he'll find work soon and an even MORE perfect house will turn up at the perfect time.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options

You deserve a giant hug!! Left Hug

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So, so sorry about the lay off.  I'll be praying and sending awesome job dust to your family.  ((hugs))
  • Options
    Wow, R!  I'm sorry for the roller coaster. :(   I really hope something comes open for your DH very, very soon and the perfect Z house comes on the market.
  • Options
    Wow - so sorry to hear about that.  You're right though, if it had to happen, this was the better time for it.  Sending lots of prayers your way that he finds another job stat.
  • Options
    Oh man, I'm so sorry.  I hope DH finds something soon.  Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise... I bet that house has termites or ghosts.
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options
    Oh wowsers, that IS a roller coaster day, for sure.  So sorry to hear about the layoff, but ditto pp's in that I think you made the best decision.  Everything happens for a reason, and the perfect house will be available for you when you're ready.  Prayers for your DH finding a new job asap! 
  • Options
    oh goodness hun, i'm so sorry! hugs and prayers!
  • Options
    How stressful and frustrating, but I agree that you made the right choice. I hope everything works out very quickly. Lots of T&P coming your way...
  • Options
    (((((hugs))))))  Even if we dont understand at the moment. Everything works out in the end.  Promise.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hope your husband is able to find another job quickly and the perfect house follows soon after!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :-)  I'm in pretty good spirits.  Just sucks a bit, but hey ... poop happens.  Trying to count my blessings.  And I'm hoping that in 6 months I'll be laughing about this. 
  • Options

*hugs* I was just thinking about you the other day!

Sorry so much has happened so quickly! I hope you DH finds a great job quickly and a super awesome house pops up just when you are ready!

• Options
    I'm sorry R. Lots of prayers comi g your way!!
  • Options

imagelilrunner:
    Thanks ladies :-)  I'm in pretty good spirits.  Just sucks a bit, but hey ... poop happens.  Trying to count my blessings.  And I'm hoping that in 6 months I'll be laughing about this. 

I think that's a great attitude. Wow, that is a lot to go through in a day! Good luck to your husband for a quick job turn around- keep us posted!

• Options
    Yikes! Sorry to hear about all of that - and I agree that you guys are absolutely doing the right thing. We're in a similar situation (minus the parental piece) and after a couple of months in that limbo, I can definitely say this is a case of the less stress, the better!
  • Options
    Oh wow!  Y'all are in my prayers!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options
    Sending job dust to your H. I hope you can move out of their house ASAP.
  • Options
    imagemcurban:

imagelilrunner:

I think that's a great attitude. Wow, that is a lot to go through in a day! Good luck to your husband for a quick job turn around- keep us posted!

exactly!!  Hopefully everything levels out soon and you guys find the perfect job and home for your family! 

• Options

am i allowed to pray the job is in austin? ;)

you got it.

• Options
    Oh, R, I'm so sorry.  What a let down! :(  Prayers that G finds a great job ASAP and that the house you dream of becomes available at just the perfect time once again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"