Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Bumped baby's head

I was trying to put him in his swing and accidentally jammed his head in one of the animals on the mobile of the swing. He started screaming like I had never heard him scream before and it took me 10 mn and breastfeeding him to calm him down. 

Now I am worried it's really bad (I don't see a bump though) and am wondering if I should call the doc?

I feel so horrible 

Re: Bumped baby's head

• Options

i'm no doctor but if he seems better and not in any pain + you don't see any bruises or swelling/bumps, he's probably fine; but for some peace of mind it's probably best to call and ask your doctor if he thinks you should bring him in or not.

don't feel horrible! i'm sure we've all confidently done it at least once since baby was born. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If all you hit was one of his animals...he's just fine. It probably just scared him more than anything. My LO is in this stage where any sudden unexpected movement freaks her out.

Keep an eye out for any problems, but I highly doubt this anything to worry about. We've all done it. I smacked LO's head on the edge of her crib. She's fine.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've bumped DD's head on 2 doors in her little lifetime. She squeals, and I cry but she has been fine. My pedi gave me a list of things to look for to tell if it is bad enough to go in.
  • Options

I am sure she is fine- just might have been startled (sp?).

When DS#1 was new (less than 3 months) my dh and I have both misjudged where his head was while carrying him through a doorway and bumped it more than once.  He was fine.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    don't feel bad, we all do it. i dropped a water bottle on DDs face while bfing her in the middle of the night and bumped her head into the side of the crib!
  • Options
    My guess is he's fine just startled that you did that and upset about it.  I've accidentally scratched my LO and bumped his head already(I know, bad mom) and the scream he lets out almost makes me want to cry.  Usu he's fine after a few min. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have done that too, but it didn't seem to notice.  Now I poked my LO in the face the other day and he screeeeamed harder than ever.  It took me a lot of apologizing to get him to calm down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He's fine, it probably just frightened him. I hit dd's head on the handle of her carseat the other day, I felt terrible but all was fine!  Babies are pretty resilient, I wouldn't worry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"