November 2011 Moms
Options

12 min late and counting on my GD blood draw...

What's the limit here?? Anyone know??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 12 min late and counting on my GD blood draw...

• Options
    20 minutes now??? Geez...
  • Options
    If they know its been over an hour and are still making you wait I'd assume it must be okay? Good luck I hope you don't have to re-do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would go tell someone! Hopefully you don't have to do it again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whelp, they said as long as it wasn't over an hour, as in total 2 hours since finishing drinking, its ok....
  • Options
    Hrm... that's a little weird. My lab noted that I finished at 11:18 and at exactly 12:18 they called me back for my draw.
    Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
  • Options

imageChristine&Mario:
    Hrm... that's a little weird. My lab noted that I finished at 11:18 and at exactly 12:18 they called me back for my draw.

same here for me. I'd check with your doctor when you go over the results just to make sure they are valid.

Here https://www.babycenter.com/0_glucose-screening-and-glucose-tolerance-tests_1483.bc  babycenter's info on it says the blood work is done 1 hour after you start drinking the drink which you have to finish within 5 minutes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would not be happy at all. Your results are probably going to be skewed by this, which means you could be walking around with undiagnosed GD. Not good at all. Obviously I'm not a Dr., so maybe the 2-hour thing is on point.... but then why is such a big deal made about the 1-hour limit??
  • Options
    I feel like my Dr's office said there was a 7 or 8 minute window. i.e., if I finished the drink at 1pm, they had until 1:07 or 1:08 to draw the blood...anything outside of that, and I needed to retest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"